Here is the technique I developed and posted on Mindlist. It is the first one I wrote about in the first post on this thread:

Several people have written me asking for more information on catalepsy. I won't go into a dictionary definition, I'll just explain how I do it. Catalepsy is covered in the book "Training Trances" by John Overdurf and Julie Silverthorn, and I think it is also covered in "Trance-Formations", both books anyone at all interested in hypnosis should BUY AND READ.

I learned how to do catalepsy as a result of learning the Visual Squash and the 6-Step Reframe in Practitioner Training. The yes/no signals in the 6-Step Reframe can be in any modality. I used kinesetic signals, mostly finger signals. I later adapted them for test taking and recall techniques for Photoreading. In the version of the Visual Squash I learned, each hand represents a part and your hands move together on their own as the parts integrate. Both of these techniques, at least how I do them, require catalepsy, so I learned to induce catalepsy as a by product of learning these techniques. Later, in hypnosis training, I learned how to do arm levitation and leveraged inductions, which also use catalepsy. All these techniques involve communication with the unconscious, and I think are more stressed in therapy-oriented trainings. A simple double bind technique you can do is raise your arm, make it stiff and say,"My arm will not return to its original position any more quickly than my unconscious mind X.", with X being what you want it to work on. For example, after reading or Photoreading a book, you can say,"My arm will not return to its original position any more quickly than my unconscious mind integrates this information and makes it available to me whenever I want or need it." Basically, leverage it with any suggestion you want to give your unconscious. I eventually started to induce catalepsy in my hand and giving my unconscious instructions on what I wanted it to do, on the spot. This is how I came up with the test taking techniques. I actually developed them during a test. I've also used this in martial arts training to help with intuition and sakkijutsu. A common exercise to develop catalepsy is to hold out your hands in front of you, and imagine a large brick tied to one hand and a group of balloons tied to another, and notice how one hand involuntarily moves up and the other moves down.

Now, on to the finding lost objects technique. Here are the steps:

1. Induce catalepsy in one arm or hand.

2. Tell your unconscious what you are looking for and ask it to help you find it.

3. Follow where it points, and seach for the object where it says it is. Sometimes the answer might just pop into your head, other times you may have to follow where your hand points. During the Christmas Season of 1998, I was using my pocketkinfe to repair the lights on the tree, when someone called me to help them with something. The next day, I noticed my knife was missing, so I did the technique and it brought me to the place I was working on the lights. It was not there. A week later I learned that my nephew took it from that location right after I left. This was the only time the technique did not work for me, but that was because my unconscious had no way of knowing that someone else moved it from the place it last saw it.

I'm sure there are many other ways to do this technique and even better techniques for these applications, so play around with this information and see what you can discover.