Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 231
Member
Member

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 231
Yesterday, I gave the fourth driving lesson to my sister. I don't remember when was the last time I taught something to someone, so I cannot compare how this forum, the Natural Brilliance course, and general knowledge on effective teaching have affected it. Since the first day, I told her that every learner has the right to make errors, to allow herself to learn from her errors, to know that errors are a normal part of the learning process .

She had a bad control of the steering wheel. The car went from one side to the other and she tended to step over the line that divides the road in two tracks. She got very nervous despite my assurances that it's normal for a beginner.

A few days before beginning to teach driving to her, I bought DR. Mercola's DVD course on EFT and I have been using EFT with good success although I have not gotten the impressive results that many people report. Maybe I chose the major issue that I have to begin with, and there could be a big forest of issues that need to be resolved in order to clear up it. So I'll continue trying. But something that I have been reading about EFT and I have been skeptical about was surrogate tapping. Supposedly, by tapping on ourselves in order to relieve someone else of some emotional issue, we can actually release that issue on that person even by distance. I have talked with my sister about EFT, but I had not the courage to actually try it. Maybe fear of failing in making it to work withdrew me from trying it.

Yesterday, while giving her a lesson, I remembered surrogate tapping and realized that that was a good opportunity to test it. So I began to tap on myself with the purpose of releasing her nervousness and anxiety using the affirmation "even though <her name here> is nervous while driving, she is a very good student". While that ride, there was almost no response to the tap, so the little improvement could be the normal one that she was showing during all these days. The next two rides, though, were of great significance. While tapping (she never knew what I was doing), I noticed that her control dramatically improved. It had an effect on me too, I felt much more confident on her learning skills. During the last ride, I even saw that she was driving as if she were confortable with it. It was a major improvement. At the end of the lesson she said that she felt much more calm and confident during that last ride. This was my first attempt on doing EFT on someone else, maybe the harder way from a certain point of view, and I got good results.

EFT is potentially a great addition to any teacher's toolkit. I bet I'm the best teacher in my entire town.






Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 70
Member
Member

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 70
Hey, I've been getting into EFT too. I don't know if I'm doing as correctly or applying it as I should, it literally blew out a headache or two the other day. For the forest of problems you describe you should check out BSFF. It works in a way such that it can handle crapp loads of emotional connections between issues by running through the process. Then you install a "cue" word that when you notice a problem (according to Dr. Nims you don't even have to know what "it" is) all you have to do is say your cue word and your other than conscious mind will destroy it. Energy psychology is truely a gift from GOD. Also for free NLPish, energy psyche, meditative exercises check out www.emoclear.com






Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 70
Member
Member

Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 70
Seems like it worked, or maybe your composure bled over to her state of mind. I'm gonna give this "surrogate" tapping a try. I told my girlfreind about EFT and she gets tired of hearing about it, she's starting to open up but up until now she's believed that it takes professional therapy to get throught these stuck problems. I'd like to hear more if you more success with surrogate tapping.






Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 231
Member
Member

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 231
quote:
I'd like to hear more if you more success with surrogate tapping.

I have been trying to get her make curves and turns, and I have had to intervene with her driving, so I have not concentrated good enough to reproduce the success of my first try. That doesn't mean that it wasn't the tapping during the first attempt. I have not tried it out before or after the driving lessons either.

About surrogate tapping, these links are a few of what I have been reading:
http://209.221.150.70/fear/drivingphobia.htm
http://209.221.150.70/cases/sneezing.htm

http://209.221.150.70/cases/surrogat.htm

http://209.221.150.70/depression/surrogate.htm
http://209.221.150.70/cases/surrogatedog.htm

[This message has been edited by Betsemes (edited March 01, 2004).]







Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 21 (0.014s) Memory: 3.0014 MB (Peak: 3.5951 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 05:40:41 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS