Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1486 12/29/04 11:18 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 195
Member
Member

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 195
I have a video tape of my martial arts instructor teaching class. I wonder if there's a way to use the video as part of my Borrowed Genius session? I mean, since it is a visual right there in front of my eyes, perhaps there's a way to "supplant" myself as the instructor in the video, and then perceive what my instructor (me) is feeling/sensing as I let the video tape roll.






#1487 12/30/04 12:48 AM
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 330
Member
Member

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 330
quote:
I wonder if

Don't wonder, go and do it!

Let us know what happens.
I look forward to reading your experiences.






#1488 12/30/04 10:50 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
Learning Strategies Admin
Member
Learning Strategies Admin
Member

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
Gee wizz Anthony... It would be interesting to see a post by you where you tell us of the results of trying one of your ideas instead of asking permission first.

You're not breaking any Genius Code rules by experimenting. So watch the video and then going into an image stream. Climb into his body just before the class (you don't have to meet in a garden you know) and describe his tensions, fluidy, his awareness as he goes through the motions. If it feels like you're making it all up say it anyway. Afterwards you try it out in the physical.

Alex






#1489 12/30/04 03:51 PM
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 195
Member
Member

Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 195
Flex, I will report back soon once I see some results or gain some rather inisightful revelation(s).

Alex, thank you for the advice in your 2nd paragraph. The first paragraph was snide.






#1490 01/03/05 04:22 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 98
Member
Member

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 98
i soooooo wish i could do this
Leonardo Da Vinci is my hero and i wish i could do this with him

like him i am interested in so many things but unlike him ive so far lacked the ability to describe and imagine like he does

that is what pains me so much







Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.092s Queries: 23 (0.024s) Memory: 3.0008 MB (Peak: 3.5951 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 08:45:12 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS