Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#14989 06/15/04 04:17 PM

Hi guevara,

If you haven't already listened to "The Natural Laws of Self-Healing" by Dr. Gerald Epstein, I suggest you get a hold of it. He offers many many things, both physical and mental.

It's available from Nightingale-Conant, www.nightingale.com,, but you may be able to find it on Ebay for cheaper.

[This message has been edited by Prosperity (edited June 15, 2004).]

#14990 06/18/04 05:26 AM

NY Rachel,

Afformations are basically a set of questions you ask yourself to create a change in your life. The brain analyses information by asking questions. This is why most self-talk doesn't work. If you were to tell yourself something like 'I am a person of value and worth' to cure low self-esteem, your brain would probably dismiss it right away. It has no reason to believe it's true, so repeating over and over again won't do much good. If you were to ask yourself, 'why am I a person of value and worth', you are asking the brain to provide you with the answer. The human brain is the world's most powerful computer and one of it's most important roles is to process information. If you ask yourself a question, the subconscious mind has no choice but to look for an answer and it has to do it within the parameters you provide. The goal of afformations is not to actually get an answer, but to force the brain to process on it. A problem like low self-esteem can be pretty complex and you will not get an easy answer, but asking the right questions will force the subconscious mind to work on it. Just keep asking yourself the right questions and your subconcious mind will do the work for you.

The book is not sold in most bookstores and as far as I know the only way to buy it is over the internet. I know how you feel about credit cards. The author will accept a check through the mail because that's how I paid. I don't have the address but if you write to Noah St. John at his website, he will send it to you.

Hope this helps.

#14991 06/18/04 05:35 AM

NY Rachel,

One other thing. Please be patient with yourself. The only real problem I have with this book is that it leaves the impression that results are quick and immediate. If the problems you are dealing with are simple, you very well may see fast results. If you are dealing with something more complex or painful, it will take your brain some time to work through it all. Your mood can shift very quickly using afformations, but that doesn't mean the problem is solved. There may be other times when you don't feel any effect at all from the afformations. That doesn't necesarily mean they are not working because there are things happening on the subconscious level that the conscious mind is not aware of.

#14992 06/18/04 09:19 AM

hoss,

Good explaination and thanks for the Noah St John's tip.
Today I have ordered the two books for $ 20.

Two days ago, I saw his website first and read thru it. Then I asked myself a question and a few more relating to that topic. This morning, I received an email thru an email list. There was a link in that email which contained an article. That
article had an answer for my question. The article also triggered some knowledge I had
thru the previous reading of books. This made the answer even more pratical.

Regards,

#14993 06/19/04 12:22 AM

Dear Hoss,
Thanks for taking the time to answer my question, it really helped elucidate the matter for me. I too, have ordered the books and look forward to reading them.
Rachel

#14994 06/19/04 07:00 PM

One thing to remember when you use the afformations is that you have to ask the questions seriously. You can't just mindlessly repeat a few afformations and expect to get results. The questions have to be asked as if you are genuinely looking for the answer. Otherwise it won't work.

When I wrote to Noah St. John for some practical advice, he recommended spending between 5-15 minutes every day meditating on the afformations. They must be done every day until the effect takes hold. The subconscious mind operates by asking questions. I may be wrong about this, but I suspect that after enough conscious practice, the brain will begin to ask itself the same questions automatically on a subconscious level. If that happens, then the changes would start to happen automatically and the results would become self-reinforcing with or without your having to put conscious effort into it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved