Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

AeB,

I love Auto of a Yogi but didn't understand half of it until I started studying Quantum Physics. Sure, Yoga was first but "I" didn't understand it until I found some modern dude who could explain it in language "I" could understand. Now that I can understand that I go on to other stuff. Learning never ends. Who cares what year something came out, for ME it's bran new. I didn't understand the Gita until I got Yogananda's book explaining it. But even if we study an ancient art we're going to do it with our modern minds. If you think about it, Yogananda probably got criticized too for "ripping off" various paths. He didn't just preach Yoga, he combined it with Chrisitanity too.

Eric does tell people to study yoga, reiki, gigong and everything else that is the source of this material. I can think of 1000 things not covered in the Foundation Meditation Cd- sources, origins, pitfalls along the way etc. There's only so much you can cram into a couple cd's. The expansion modules go into all that other stuff you mentioned and they're seperate so people can buy only what they're interested in.

There are thousands of paths to awakening and this is but one of them. Follow them all if you want.

I was initiated into Kriya Yoga about 10 years ago via Self-Realization Fellowship but I also study pretty much everything else under the sun. I have discovered that practically everyone is doing the same thing but only calling it something different. The only downfall I've found with any system of self awakening is IDENTIFICATION with processes or results. Krishnamurti talked about this in practically all of his books but since the subject is so well known, I don't feel the need to elaborate on the obvious issues. People have to read up on these things on their own.

Hey folks,

I have been reading for a while what you guys have been talking about. And there is so much out there.. how can you even know what is right and wrong? I heard rumours that the book from Higher Balance is free on E-Format now.. hmm.. I will read that one and join the discussion later on. I downloaded the book from www.navigatorhandbook.com. at least I can read it before I drop any money down on their mediation system.

Seeker

TheCoyote, Coldrayne

Never thought I would run into other Star Reach participants!!

I have been involved in Star Reach for about 7 months now, but seem to be one of those trouble cases that the coaches can't seem to figure out what to do with.

Wondering if you have any insight you could give concerning meditation and being able to give more focus to the chakra point. For me I can barely feel anything, even when I am directly touching with my fingers. After a few seconds the touch fades into obscurity.

My thoughts have been that years of negativity has left me with a negative prana balance and that is maybe why I haven't really had any experiences of any noteworthiness and feel almost nothing (also probably too intellectual).

Any thoughts are welcome from either of you.

TheCoyote, any chance getting a copy of bending reality from you?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"What you don't know isn't the problem;

it's what you do 'know' that just isn't so."

Finley Peter Dunne ("Mr. Dooley")

LS,

I also never expected to meet any other SR participants.

I like the coaches at Higher Balance, but one has to remember the benefits and drawbacks to being in their position. The coaches are very young. Most do not have that much experience with teaching programs outside of Eric's school. Most have been with Eric for a long time and learned when his teaching method was not as refined as it is now.

But they also have benefits like the fact that they work with many students and answer many, many questions from the help line. They are around Eric's energy and each other's energy and that builds a certain momentum.

I would not presume to be able to answer questions that they cannot but I will do my best to give you a few suggestions.

1. We are responible for our own spiritual development. A coach can only provide a small amount of guidance. Periodically try and quiet your mind when doing other things besides meditating. Especially when about to start things that could be considered spiritual. Then try to listen to intuition or inner voice. Should I be reading the www.learningstrategies.com forum or should I read "On Love and Lonliness" by J. Krishnamurti? Should I meditate right now or shoud I enjoy a walk through nature?

2. It is possible that knowing what is possible may limit your own developement and experiences (like the thread on cloud busting that is going on in this forum right now or Eric's CD on Bending Reality). Everyone's awakening by the Universe is different and it doesn't really translate into words. Remember experiences will not generally happen during meditation.

3. Meditation is really to quiet the mind and improve the focus. To focus on your chakra points, you could try putting "Icy Hot" heat rub on your fingers. Or you could skip the touching all together. Just try to bring your entire focus inside the location of the chakra point. And then anytime you are aware of anything external to that point in your body, like an itch or the Fed Ex guy knocking at the door, in your head, say "thank you for reminding me that my awareness was not fully in my chakra" and go back to focusing on your chakra.

4. Meditation is also about developing the sixth sense. At the begining, your brain only recongizes the channels from your five senses, so when it gets information (or energy) from your sixth sense, it contectualizes that info as comming from another sense. Eric believes touch is the sense closest to the sixth sense, so the touch of the chakra is to try and bring energy (information) through touch but that information could also come through another sense or directly from your sixth sense (without editing of another sense).

5. Don't have expectations. (I'm sure you have heard this.)

Coyote

[how can you even know what is right and wrong?]

ObiWan said, "Trust your feelings."

The Oracle (In The Matrix Reloaded) said, "The bad news is there's no way if you can really know whether I'm here to help you or not. So it's really up to you. You just have to make up your own damn mind to either accept what I'm going to tell you or reject it."

I didn't notice that the Handbook of the Navigator is free now. Thanks for the heads up

[Wondering if you have any insight you could give concerning meditation and being able to give more focus to the chakra point.]

Everything is electricity. Attention is electricity. If you are focusing on what you are doing, you are doing it right. Focus on the feeling. A thought is a frequency and it sends electricity through your body. If you focus on a depressing thought, you recalibrate your body to operate on a lower frequency, one that damages the body over time. If you focus on Lifeforce comming into your body, you are using your mind to capture that energy and you are sending that electricity directly to you. Remember what you know about the organic body. It can't sense this energy most of the time, it's so tonalized with the planet. It's (the meditation) effecting your energy body that can only be sensed using the sixth sense. It's subtle. It requires a different kind of sensing in order to feel it. It's all a part of the struggle to awaken. Just keep trying. It's the effort that shapes you.

Thank you coldRayne that was an interesting insight...

I read the rest of The Handbook of The Navigator today.. It was so captivating that I had to finish it in two days. I am going to go ahead and order the Foundation Set. I feel this is right for me. I found some free classes Eric Pepin has on http://www.hbidynamics.com . And I really like the way he explain things. I never felt "home" with the love and light community, this has a more scientific approach to it yet deeply spiritual I feel. Thank you guys for bringing Higher Balance Institute to my attention. I will definitely be more active on this forum in the near future.

I downloaded the Handbook of the Navigator, and the things and thoughts presented in the book were mostly things I wondered or figured out when i was about 8-12 years old.. And my tought was that most of the people (specially those who had something new to think thanks to this book) must really live with their eyes and minds closed most of their time. Neither it made me want to order anything from Eric Pepin. So I´m a bit sad now, because I was interested before.

If the Handbook of the Navigator was such a book for children, I cant really trust the CDs to be any more. And I have lost faith on these so called : "Risk-Free Trial Period"- promises.

What do you think, should I just start reading those older books and lessons? Im not so much into this "easy" approach.

Erik

Here is my honest evaluation of Handbook of the Navigator. I don't really recommend the book. Partly because it sounds like an advertisement in book form of Eric's CDs. But mostly because the book wasn't actually written by Eric Pepin. It was ghost written by someone who works for Eric (whose name also happens to be Eric). The book is based on Eric's teachings but the tone of the writing doesn't really sound like Eric.

If you further want to evalutate Eric's teachings before trying, here are some podcast seminars that Eric did live over the internet in Jan and February of this year.

http://www.hbidynamics.com/podcasts.html

His CDs sound the same as the podcasts but the CDs are more of a teaching format. Most of the CDs are higher audio quality (a few of the older CDs are not).

There is not enough info in the podcasts to fully understand any of the 6 topics but it definitely gives you an idea of his teaching style. The podcasts were more question and answer sessions. The topic I think is most interesting is the healing topic. At the end of the podcast, Eric leads a guided healing session. This was a very powerful healing session that had a tremendous effect on me. This session was so powerful, it imprinted on the planet, and I can still tune in to it and have it has the same effect on me.

Honesty, not all of Eric's material blows me away. However, there is some material that does impress me and has led to excellent results.

Coyote

Hi Coyote
I'm having trouble accessing the podcasts - is there some specific technology required within my computer system?
Jetay

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved