Hi there,
Haven't had a chance to do much more than scan the article but it looks very interesting - particularly given the massive propaganda war going on re. the environment.
When I saw the topic title I thought anyone involved in a discussion on Environementalism might find Resurgence interesting (a monthly UK magazine) - look it up online with Google - edited by Satish Kumar. It's an interesting publication and does try to look at environmentalism from an economic (Schumacher's Small is Beautiful approach), socio-political (Gandhi influence) and also spiritual angle (Kumar was a Jain monk before moving to the UK).
Though this might not be directly pertinent it might still be of interest. I like it because it includes some aspects of spirituality without being "wooly" and comes across as essentially practical and informative at the end of the day - there is ususally an interesting range of articles each month. Incidentally Kumar's book "You are therefore I am - a declaration of dependence" is also pretty good and he's written others too. I think i mentioned it on another post recently.
best wishes
Ingrid