I learned PhotoReading with Paul when he was developing it back in 1985. We started with only spontaneous activation, which we realized wasn't practical for our students, so we developed the manual activation techniques.

In the first year I PhotoRead 1300 books. I'd PhotoRead entire shelves in the library every visit. I'd leave the library with boxes of books.

Paul and I talked about our experiences continually. I remember a Friday night. I was at my home and he his. We were both PhotoReading when Paul noticed the blip page and asked if I had it too. The word "blip" was born that night, because that was the word Paul used to describe it to me over the telephone.

Now, to the instructor training. We would hpoe that instructor trainees came to the training having mastered PhotoReading. I don't know if that has ever been the case. During the course we teach the trainees how to learn how to learn, and we teach them how to teach how to learn how to learn.

We don't teach PhotoReading, but in order to learn to teach to learn to learn you must use PhotoReading and every turn.

Trainees actually only learn to teach one 5-15 segment of the PhotoReading course using everything they had previously learned in the training. Upon completion of the training, the instructor candidate must on their own apply their new learnings to every component of the course.

They then put it together in front of a practice class of 6-8 people. After that, two more days of training and then their certification class where they teach with a master certifying instructor in the room with them. There's two more days of training after that. At that point the candidate is either certified or given a plan for further work in order to be certified.

So, as a result of the intensive experience instructors go through, their PhotoReading proficiency increases significantly.