I was reading in a previous post about the process of subvocalization, but I still have a few questions left unanswered.

I know that subvocalizing is slowing me down big time. In the activation phase, my pace is greatly diminished by the fact that I'm going through it all so quickly, but it isn't really registering in my mind. So I feel the need to go back, and pick up a bit more, which makes my super reading and dipping more like rapid reading aka, speed reading.

It was mentioned to subvocalization goes down with time, but I was wondering if there are exercises, or any perticular method of activating that will allow for pure ideas, void of limiting words, to jump out of the page and into my mind.

I have one book on the Evelyn Wood speed reading method, and the idea presented in this book was to just go as fast as you can such that you simply wouldn't have time to say each word in your head. But in doing so, I for one, got a headache, and two, got little to nothing from the book.

Without subvocalization, "normal" reading, closely akin to rapid reading, would more than double, and thus it would make sense that the whole activation stage would also see a great increase. Does this come naturally to most people, and I just need to work (play) on the activation stage a bit more, or is there something more that I might be missing?


First star on the right, and straight on till morning. (good-bye, or talk to you later are much too dull, I prefer my method, the random comment that is terribly out of place that signals the end of a conversation) Think happy thoughts.