Hi there, Gregory!
Yes, most schools do require you to attend tutorials or whatever, but not all. I actually did a one year course in the way descibed earlier, and did quite well, if I may say so myself, getting a top mark for the exam(and of course, the course).I feel I saved myself alot of time by studying by myself only, and not wasting time on lectures, which I have never gotten all that much from anyway. There is something wrong with my note taking ability: I can't get myself to take notes. So lectures are a waste of time for me.
My point, though, was this: Could I have done that by just photoreading the material. I mean, I did spend quite a lot of time reading for the exam, and if I could just photoread everything, I could probably do two courses at once, or even three.
The thing is though: If photoreading was that great, why aren't more people doing it?

By the way, Greg, from reading your earlier posts here, you really do seem to have been successful with your photoreading efforts. That's good, it helps me think that this stuff might actually work!

Cheers.