Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2
I bought the PR home study course about 2 years ago but have never really applied myself to learning the principles involved. Having recently been laid off and finding myself with some spare time on my hands I have finally started to make a dedicated effort to listen to the tapes and try the exercises in the workbook.

One exercise involves looking at a dot matrix picture using the PR "gaze." Superficially the dots appear to make a random pattern, but the idea is that if you have the correct gaze technique, you will be able to distinguish the word PHOTREAD within the picture.

I have spent some effort in trying to get this to work, but with no luck so far. I find that when I attempt to employ the PR gaze, I do get a sense of 3D to the image and horizontally across the middle of the image I see what appear to be a row of the number "9" in 3D and repeated 5 or 6 times, i.e. 99999, but after hours of trying I have yet to see the word PHOTOREAD.

Has anyone tried this exercise and been successful?. If you have seen the word PHOTOREAD, do you also see the number 9's, and where would the PHOTOREAD appear in relation to the 9's i.e. in amongst the 9's, above, below?

Any tips would be appreciated.








Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 513
Member
Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 513
At first I just saw an indent in the middle and could see no letters. Then I couldn't see anything at all and couldn't get my eyes to "get it back" for a while. It was weird. Then when I finally got it back I saw PHOTO along the top and READ along the bottom. It's not one word straight across the middle- that's what screwed me up- I was looking for it. You just have to relax.






Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2
I had trouble seeing it at first too. The key was to look through the book. The note to look off in distance and then raise the book did nothing for me, BUT when I followed the tip to look at my feet and then bring the book down into view it all came in view. Pretty cool, with depth and all. Perhaps try that way... look at your feet and then bring the book down.






Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 2
Thanks for the tips Robust1 and Andy030. I'll give it a whirl and see if I can't get it to work







Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 26
Member
Member

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 26
The trick with those 3D charts to to aim your focus point beyond (behind) the picture. Some folks have a hard time trying to focus at a place that is blocked and is the trick of divergig the eyes like the "blip" page.

Here is another trick you can do to see the 3d: put a clear glass over the picture, now focus on the reflection of yourself that you see on the glass, then become aware of what pops out of the 3d picture in in peripheral vision.

Focusing on your reflection on that clear glass is the same as focusing "behind" the picture. Hope that helps :-)






Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1
Junior Member
Junior Member

Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 1
I stared at that thing until I was almost blind before I realized something my eye doctor had told me. I could never see the 3D effect of some of the things he showed me in my eye exams and he explained that it was because I have a distance perception/depth perception problem. It is just the way some people's eyes work; apparently they can never see the 3D effects that others will. It doesn't interfere with seeing the blib page or the phantom cocktail weenie though.







Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.243s Queries: 25 (0.166s) Memory: 3.0062 MB (Peak: 3.5951 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 06:40:04 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS