Regarding the Silva Method three finger techique - there are multiple ways to describe it. In the language of NLP it is a trigger/anchor. In the language of hypnosis, it is a post-hypnotic suggestion/trigger. The idea is that, while in a deep state of alpha-theta, you tell yourself that by putting your thumb and first two fingers together you will be in the alpha state and will be able to recall what you need to, or memorize things easier, or automatically enter the alpha state by just doing that.

MM = mind mapping. A non-linear form of notetaking, using images, trigger word, colored pens or pencils, etc. It was developed by Tony Buzan. The techniques are written down in numerous places on the internet, so I will suggest you just do an internet search in order to save space here.

Page turning - I wouldn't get too hung up on page turning - if pages stick together you can always go through the book multiple times. I usually will go through a book 2-3 times this way - PhotoRead the book upsidedown and backwards (i.e., from last page to first) and the, while still in state, flip it over and around and PhotoRead it from front to back...and then maybe repeat from back to front once more. I also fan the book a couple times in front of my eyes while in the PhotoFocus state in order to pick up any words that I might have missed. Going through the book a couple of times while PhotoReading helps ease the concerns of my conscious mind that I might have missed things the first time through (especially if pages stick together) and only takes a couple of extra minutes.

Magaret - I REALLY appreciate all of your posts. I am still learning all the ways to use this system and appreciate seeing what successes other people have had, and really enjoy what you've written. Please keep up the awesome work!

razordu30 - we're ALL learning how to use the system, and how to use our minds for more fun and learning. Enjoy the process! BTW - it's great seeing your posts in the forum, I really like them.

SDstudent - concerning seeing whether or not the stuff is getting into my subconscious, I play the dictionary game just about every day. It helps "widen the channels" to my inner mind, making it easier to access information that I do PhotoRead. Concerning comprehension - as a student, you have a great chance to answer questions on the material that you PhotoRead and activate. When I was doing graduate studies in physics, the recitation periods were a tremendous opportunity to see how much I was actually getting out of the PhotoReading. I still had to study, but I found my study time was really cut down with the help of the system. I still had to work at solving the problems, because it wasn't a simple regurgitation of what was PhotoRead, and required an extension of what was given in the text (_Quantum Mechanics_ by Merzbacher - sp? - was especially like that, where you had to derive all of the results that were used later in the text...you had to figure out the proofs and stuff yourself, which still required work). Other ways of knowing that you "got" the material is to get a friend that you trust and play "question and answer" games with them. Let them have the text tht you PhotoRead and ask you questions about the material - then you relax and allow the answers to come to you. Eventually you'll learn to recognize the "feel" of stuff bubbling up from the inner mind and can use that as a guide for expanding your awareness more and getting more out of the system. In this regard, the dictionary game helps, too. When you get good results, try to recall how you were feeling or what you did exactly that gave you those results, then try to recreate the sensations.