Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi,

I am an older student returning to school in the Fall and will need all the help I can get.

I would like to know if this really works and would it help me. I do read fast but the memorization I will have to do scares me.

Thanks,

Mike

Next fall? If you start now by then you should be very good at it. It just takes relaxation and practice.

OP Offline

Andy, that is exactly what I thought but I have doubts as if this works. I am not, NOT trying to critized the group but am sincerely interested in this program if it works 1/10 as some say.

As an older student I will have special problems in class I am sure.

Are there sites where I can find the information I am looking for? I guess I would like honest testimonies.

Thanks,

Mike

Everyone that can't get it to work is doing the same thing wrong. Everyone that can get it to work is doing the same thing right. Maybe a handful of people can start off right away and get it to work but I wasn't one of those people. You never know if you're going to be one of the lucky ones or if you'll have to struggle with it a little bit.

If I were you I'd do this. Get the book, it's $17, you can get it here or at half.com and start doing it. Get to the place where you hit the walls, the place where no matter what you do you're just flat out stuck. Make a list of what is going for you and what is not doing anything for you. If it all falls into place withing a month or 2 then your set but if there are places where you feel you need more work, get the course knowing that you can always return it if it doesn't help you. Use the course and go farthure. Then if you still are stuck in certain places call Learning Stratagies for coaching and ask questions here.

It really does work but doubts about it are one of the things that can stop it from working. Instead of doubting something experiment with it and see for yourself by asking "what if" type questions and testing yourself. They say 90% (or so) of success is just showing up and getting the book and starting to play with it IS showing up. Reading this way is 1000 times more fun than normal or speedreading.

I talked with someone yesterday that couldn't get anything to work besides the mind maps and that the rest of the course did nothing for him compared to his way of reading. So I told him to mind map the whole book based just on what he saw in the table of contents. I told him to do that and then to Photoread the book and then just superread the whole thing without dipping. His next email was funny because he's like "Oh my god, what did you do?" All this time he was trying to get what wasn't working to work by beating himself over the head with it instead of taking the one thing he LIKED and playing around with it. Also, he was getting good comprehension from the steps but because he wasn't getting A's he was mad. Even if unconsciously he was absorbing the information his attitude toward his progress made it impossible for him to get anything. I just tricked him into changing his attitude.

Check these out
http://www.in-biz.com/free_ebooks.htm
look for the photoreading link
http://www.botree.com/
that has the first chapter of the book free

There's enough info on this site to get you started while you wait for your book to arrive if that's what you want to do.

Very very well put!

OP Offline

Hi,

Yes, that was very well put and I would like to thank you for the time and insight of your email.

I will order the book today and continue to read this site.

Thanks,

Mike

Andy,
I really appreciated your insight there.

Mike, i learned PhRing when i was 49. Age is not a barrier.

If you can afford the course, get it. Take your time, do it in layers & enjoy yourself. It's exciting stuff. Software for the brain.

OP Offline

Thanks for the response.

49? Can you please share with me some of experiences?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike,
I purchased the German tapes & was so pleased w/ the new thing called brain friendly approach. When i received the advertisement for PhRing, i decided to try it for fun & because i do alot of personal research. I had no pressure for any kind of school studies.

First, i enjoyed the tapes. Then i began regular communication w/ Dana for questions. Then i just decided to practice the technique on easy books for seeing & keeping the blip page & for turning.

My major problem was keeping the blip page in focus. I started to turn pages very slowly or stop & refocus to get the blip page. Dana told me to not do that. He said to just keep turning a page a second & in time the blip would stay in focus. YES, that was important for my learning the technique.

Next, i found that by belly breathing, i.e., breathing thru my diaphragm was a major help for keeping the blip page in focus. A deep breath & relaxing my facial muscles enabled me to keep the blip there.

I decided to tackle all of the mystery surrounding my studies of myth & ritual. I photoread all of Eliade & many other books. I then MMed them out & resolved a life long interest in that subject. MMing is very important for the activation step.

Then i decided to use what i'd learned to pass the MCP test. The NT Server book was something like 700+ pages & my knowledge of IT was zip. Honestly, it was zip. I PhR the book for about 2 weeks off & on. Nothing else. Just that. Then suddenly i began to just feel like i could tackle it. I passed the certification first time i took the test.

I read newspapers like lightening now. I demonstrated for my brother in law how PhRing works. He gave me a novel--very thick one on the best seller list. I set very clear goals for PhRing & stopped 8 times & had the full theme of the book & major characters.

It just blows your mind Who could ever imagine that such magic existed. If you are a person who has good self esteem & an ability to trust yourself, then you will have excellent success w/ PhRing.

It's just a technique. Nothing more than that. But, Paul presents a whole mind system & you need to learn all the steps of that system. Once you learn all the steps & can implement them easily w/o effort, then, if you want to, you can start w/ your this & that stuff.

Keep it simple. Have fun. Do it in layers. Nothing has to be all learned today or not at all. You have plenty of time to really learn it. Practice the activation step on easy books of around 200 pgs.

Think of how you'd teach a novice something you know well & then follow your own directions!

You just can't lose here...& i'm an exteacher who taught reading

quote:
Originally posted by mike2002:
Thanks for the response.

49? Can you please share with me some of experiences?

Thanks,

Mike

I tried to Photoread the Harry Potter book but couldn't get anything out of. That's my next goal, to get it to work on novels. If there's a story involved I always find myself wanting to read it all.

Do you just PR, SR and Dip? I don't think a demonstration of rapidreading would impress anyone.

BTW, your posts are as interesting as mine, but thanks anyway!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved