Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 75
Member
Member

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 75
I have been having difficulty with the superreading and dipping. I feel that I miss a lot of the words while scanning. I guess I feel uncomfortable with that. I have been experimenting with a different way of scanning through the pages which seems to help me retrieve the concept and at the same time remain confident with the idea that all the words are being observed. It might be slower for the advanced photoreader, but helpful for the beginner. The best way to describe it is that I go down the pages much like a leaf falling from a tree. Side to side as fast as I can cut down. Starting from left top to right down then back to left coming down again. The line pattern is as follows. \ / \ / I hope I have described it well enough. Please try this method and let me know what your results are. Good luck!

[This message has been edited by SDstudent (edited January 08, 2002).]






Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 72
Member
Member

Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 72
Sounds like a form of skittering or Rythmic Perusal. Maybe a combo?

-Will







Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.210s Queries: 17 (0.050s) Memory: 2.9823 MB (Peak: 3.5945 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 07:48:03 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS