Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline

I have had the Photoreading home learning course for about two weeks and I am to say the least completely impressed.

The methods and techniques for approaching reading are far superior than anything I have ever seen before. But I do have one problem with the system.

My religious beleifs prevent me from "emptying my mind" and "self hypnosis". Therefore I am wondering if there is a way to enter the accelerated learning state without going through the methods Paul Scheele uses in the course.

Any responses are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

just pray for relaxation

What religion is against self hypnosis? I'm not trying to be oppositional, I'm genuinely curious. Does your religion outrightly say it's against it, or is it opinion?

The reason I ask is because self-hypnosis is really just NLP, and NLP is all over the place I find it hard to fathom that a religion is just against it.

Ragnar1211

There is another way. Go to this site, www.relaxationco.com and order the Alpha Relaxation System CD. Seeing that you do not own the Holosync CD's from Centerpointe which includes "Quietude", the previous mentioned CD's are and excellent substitution.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by anonymousman:
What religion is against self hypnosis? I'm not trying to be oppositional, I'm genuinely curious. Does your religion outrightly say it's against it, or is it opinion?

The reason I ask is because self-hypnosis is really just NLP, and NLP is all over the place I find it hard to fathom that a religion is just against it.

-----

My beleifs are based on the Bible. If you read Ephesians Chapter 4 you will find that it recomends us not to allow a place for Satan.

Even though I trust the Learning Stategies Corporation, and their motives, I will not participate in NLP or self hypnosis.

Ragnar:

Do you listen to music? If so, you will notice that certain sounds resonate at different frequencies and thus have certain effects on our brainwaves. This has nothing to do with satan, Just pure science. Checkout the site I suggested.

I'm sorry, Ragnar, I disagree.

While Ephesians may argue against a place for Satan, as does the rest of the Bible, to say that NLP, Neurosemantics, or Self-hypnosis is the work of Satan is pure speculation.

It's a speculation that many would disagree with. On this forum alone, there have been many Christian PRers (of which I am one) and no one has ever had a problem with self-hypnosis or NLP.

I've contacted an ordained minister and my parish's priest, and neither agreed that hypnosis is satanic or that NLP is such, either.

Below are some threads containing Christian PRers:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000549.html
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000997.html
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001689.html

Im a christian, I believe this would actually be approved of by God.

While this whole relaxation Self-Hypnosis gig may seem freaky and satanic, its just a way to improve your mind. I think that is what God wants us to do. Why would he let us have consious thought and curiosity if we werent allowed to use it. Lots of people do Yoga and stuff like that (I dont believe the whole Quigong thing is good tho), Iv had a program at my church teach yoga, its just about relaxing and getting in touch with yourself. This is the same.

If you decide not to do this, you are really being shortsighted and closeminded. Many of us have studied the Bible using this method.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by anonymousman:
I'm sorry, Ragnar, I disagree.

While Ephesians may argue against a place for Satan, as does the rest of the Bible, to say that NLP, Neurosemantics, or Self-hypnosis is the work of Satan is pure speculation.

It's a speculation that many would disagree with. On this forum alone, there have been many Christian PRers (of which I am one) and no one has ever had a problem with self-hypnosis or NLP.

I've contacted an ordained minister and my parish's priest, and neither agreed that hypnosis is satanic or that NLP is such, either.

Below are some threads containing Christian PRers:
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000549.html
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000997.html
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001689.html

-----

I did not say that Self Hypnosis was Satanic or NLP, however you must admit that emptying your mind is leaving an opeing to be filled.

The MAIN reason I posted this topic was to find alternative ways, not to enter into a theological discussion.

That being said I do however know that we must use the Bible as a whole to make decisions in life. I am not condeming anybody, but I am going to find an alternative way to obtain the accerlative learning state.

I know Photo Reading works and I have already experienced minor spontanious activation moments.

I'm Christian. I'm 13. I PhotoRead, and I enter the a.l.s. It's okay. . .what are you afraid of?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved