|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272 |
I just read through the archives for using PR to learn a language. Most of the suggestions involve PRing dictionaries, grammar and vocab books. Do we go through all the steps of the PR whole mind system when we do this or just the PR step? Perhaps we should use PRS when referring to the whole system and PR for the step. That may help avoid confusion. 
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 700
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 700 |
Do the Prepare and PhotoRead steps on an English Conversion dictionary multiple times. That means once a day for a week. Then, use a formal language course to help activate the new language vocabulary words and usage. Paul Scheele also suggests writing a story about taking a trip into that country from where the language originates. First, write the story in English. Detail the entire trip, starting from when you leave the airport and arriving at the destination city, and all of your excursions. Then, to activate your conversion dictionary, go in and find all the words to re-write the story in the new language.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 53
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 53 |
It can work the way just mentioned above. I have used PhotoReading to learn my native language Tlingit, French, Spanish, German, Russian and Japanese. In class I have been accelerating way past all the other students and so I have more leisure time.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 83
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 83 |
Is Paul fluent in any other langauge than English?
quote: Originally posted by Dana Hanson: Do the Prepare and PhotoRead steps on an English Conversion dictionary multiple times. That means once a day for a week. Then, use a formal language course to help activate the new language vocabulary words and usage.Paul Scheele also suggests writing a story about taking a trip into that country from where the language originates. First, write the story in English. Detail the entire trip, starting from when you leave the airport and arriving at the destination city, and all of your excursions. Then, to activate your conversion dictionary, go in and find all the words to re-write the story in the new language.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 83
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 83 |
tlingit,,, Que tan bueno es tu espanol? Tu crees de verdad que Pring funciona? Cuanto te demoraste en aprender Espanol? Te le recomedarias a un estudeante de contabilidad este programa, apesar que es mas numeros que letras lo que tiene que aprender? Espero que me puedas responder,,, I don't doubt your knowledge of many languages. I just want to know how fluent you are when using them. quote: Originally posted by tlingit: It can work the way just mentioned above. I have used PhotoReading to learn my native language Tlingit, French, Spanish, German, Russian and Japanese. In class I have been accelerating way past all the other students and so I have more leisure time.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 53
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 53 |
Me gusta lo que quieras saber. Hablo mucho con estudiantes en la escuela. Son de Mexico y Peru. Puedo entender lo que quieres decir. Hace tres a
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 53
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 53 |
Me gusta lo que quieras saber. Hablo mucho con estudiantes en la escuela. Son de Mexico y Peru. Puedo entender lo que quieres decir. Hace tres a
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272 |
Tlingit, did you concentrate on one language at a time or did you learn them simultaneously?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272
Member
|
|
Member
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272 |
Well, I PRed 5 books every day last week for my French class. 1 Fr-Eng/Eng-Fr dictionary, 1 grammar with exercises (explanations in Eng), 1 grammar with exercises (explanations in Fr), 1 book of conjugations, and the class text. During the week, once, while just falling asleep, in the in-between state, I heard self talk in French. Of course it stopped as soon as I realized and woke up. I had French class today. My weakness is conversation, and I'd say I did better than usual today. Could also just have been a good day. But I noticed that words came to me when I searched for them, not every time, but most of the time; they didn't come very fast, but soon enough so I could use them in conversation. The teacher talked about the French Revolution today, and I'd say that my comprehension was also a little better than usual. Was it the PR? I do not have direct evidence, such as understanding new vocab that I had never learnt before. But I believe the PR probably was a help in making what I already learnt/knew accessible, or more readily accessible. 
|
|
|
|
|