First of all, realize, that like anything you do, be it physical activity or mental, it takes practice. I don't always see the blip page (its sometimes difficult depending on the size of the book Im photoreading and how I have it positioned) . If you can't see the blip page just be aware of the corners of the book and the white space in between all the words on the pages. I think of it as looking at pictures on each page. This I found has been quite effective if the blip page doesn't show up for you. Don't try to read the words when photoreading. Photoreading is a non-conscious process. The conscious part comes when you activate the material, which also takes practice. You have to get used to probing your unconscious mind for the info it has gathered. So it takes trust and practice, oh and did I mention practice. Play with the ideas, don't work hard at it. The harder you try the easier it is to create a block in the flow between your conscious/non-conscious mind. With regards to getting the cocktail weenie effect and thus the blip page, practice looking at stereograms. They require the same sort of soft focus and are fun at the same time. There are a few sites on the internet that display free stereograms (or SIRDS). If you have trouble finding the websites let me know. I hope this helps.