Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

acsimmons,

I agree! People contact us all the time, and say, I believe it can work, but convince me! What a difficult request to fulfill. I think, as you said, that the only real way to convince yourself is to try it. See what happens for you. Along the same lines, if someone is trying to push you to do it, as with anything, you will just run the other way.

OP Offline

As many say about parenting:all you can do is guide them, not make their decisions for them.

I say - if you've demonstrated it, but they're not convinced, that's their loss.

Administrator
Administrator

Exactly! Youngprer.

Alex

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Gino:
Yes, Why do you ask?

I made an assumption and was testing if my assumption was correct

It was... thanks,

Alex

x Offline

I for one am glad youngprer is so interested in sharing knowledge in a world where many of his peers would rather play video games than learn. Kudos!

And as far as proving PR's effectiveness, it's a strange request...you can't prove experiences, you can only experience them. The only way to make PR work for you is to actually do it! Skeptics end their journey before it even starts

Administrator
Administrator

I think its funny to imagine the people who say "prove to me that I can learn photoreading then I might *try* to learn photoreading" back in their childhood. Standing next to their new bikes with training wheels, stomping their little feet saying 'no! I'm not gonna learn to ride a bike until you show me I *can* learn to ride a bike... and I don't want no training wheels!!' Poor little tykes must have missed out on all the fun don't you think?

Alex

i think even though you dont brag, you should have SOME right to brag, photoreaders are in the top 1% of fastest learning people of the world... which means if they dont procrastinate, they can be the Smartest people in the world. i beleive thats worthy of a little bit of pride.

also, your tutor will beleive it works if you just keep on reading and learning like you have been, eventually he will give in. i can tell hes interested. or if you acredit something he's amazed by to the whole mind system or something like that, then it would take the amazement from you to LSC and he will be interested.

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by x:
I for one am glad youngprer is so interested in sharing knowledge in a world where many of his peers would rather play video games than learn. Kudos!

Hey, don't get me wrong, x - I love games! In fact, game design is my current goal for a career and has been for the past 4 years. *Yawn.* Man. . .gettin' late.

But anyways - since I got my computer back, I've been able to go back to working on my game expansion projects. This is one reason while I've been under the cone of silence for the past few days with this forum. Been constantly thinking, brainstorming, MIND MAPPING...whoo. . . .well:it's better when you're doing it, rather than just reading about it.

And Neo - where'd you get that 1% statistic from? That's very nice, but. . .are we all really that incredible?

I believe that statistic is from the photoreading book (I read it somewhere else too, about speed readers)

What kind of games?

x Offline

There's a big difference between making games and simply playing them

With PR, you're learning as you go and developing your brain instead of just entertaining yourself for hours on end with no positive results to show.

And I'm sure your parents are more proud of you that you can amaze your instructor than if you'd spent 10 hours a day mastering Quake...

I wish PR was around when I was 14

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved