Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
OP Offline

And Ramon has once again proved he has a life that cannot be understood by anyone but himself.

j/k lol

The Creed lyrics make sense, if you're implying that they don't.

Oh, I wasn't saying they didn't make sense, I just don't think they're very good. But, like I said, I won't go into why's or anything, because then it'll become a this band sucks thread, and I think the original intention of the thread you posted was an interesting idea, so I don't want it to stray off-topic.

So basically, in keeping with youngprer's idea that Photoreaders may listen to similar musical tastes, what else do you PRers listen to?

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Have any of you heard of the Cocteau twins or Everything But the Girl (not "Missing")? I guess the latter would qualify as pop. The former is just bizzare, but quite euphonic.

Try Nickel Creek, Anggun, Chopin, Saint-Saen, Chet Baker, The Church, James Taylor, Jonatha Brooke, Psychadelic Furs, Miles Davis, Raif Vaughn Williams, Sade, Vertical Horizon, Erik Satie, and just about anything that ISN'T rap, heavy-heavy metal or overtly country. Sorry, not much of a pattern here.

Bill

OP Offline

Ah, Ramon is a good man.

I love Miles Davis! Jazz. . .hrm. . .still need more results, everyone.

The pattern may change. . .

Hel Offline

Leonard Cohen, Joni Mitchell, Mozart, Beethoven, Spirit of the West, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Diana Krall, ...

OP Offline

Ahhh, yes. Sinatra is good.

One of the things that just occured to me, is it's really kind of a BROAD question that I've asked. Some people listen to music for music, and others listen to it for emmotion.

Often times, this is how bands like Korn, Adema, etc. get on their feet with audiences. They don't know what good music is, so they follow their emmotions, and what they can relate to as far as the idea.

I HATE CREED. I ALSO HATE PUDDLE OF MUDD. Wow I REALLY don't like those bands. Anyway, I'm into emo and punk and ska kind of stuff like Weezer, Saves the Day, Dashboard Confessional, old Goldfinger. Yes, Ramon, I like Green Day too. Check out As Yet Undecided on mp3.com... they are kids from my high school. I hopefully will have an mp3.com site up soon cuz I play bass and I'm starting a band up. My favorite song to play has to be "Longview" by Green Day. Anyone else play an instrument?

OP Offline

Yeah, I like Green Day. Drummer here.

x Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by swingkid:
For a long time, I've loved listening to violin concertos while studying. It seems to put me in a state in which learning flows much easier. My favorite violinists are Midori and Sarah Chang. My favorite composers are Mozart and Bach.
I'm a former violinist and my best friend is a concert violinist in a family of professional cellists. Love the sound of the violin, it's the most expressive instrument by far after the human voice. I was at the level where I could play Sibelius, Brahms, Tchaikovsky, Mendelssohn, Prokofiev 1st, Shostakovitch A Minor concerti and all of Bach's Sonatas and Partitas from memory so i like to think I was pretty good

If you like Sarah Chang and Midori, check out Kyung Wha Chung, Maxim Vengerov, Ginette Neveu (underrated player), and Nathan Milstein. Fantastic fiddling! There were so many others like Zino Francescatti who are forgotten now but who I grew up on. Also listen to Debussy and Ravel's string quartets, they are absolutely beautiful.

I recently started playing violin after learning about how famous people of the past such as Einstein and Thomas Jefferson played when stuck on problems.
Take it from me it does help a lot! Compared to nailing a run in a violin concerto in time and in tune, most 'problems' are rather easy

I actually wanted to start learning violin earlier in life, so these stories of how the violin helped other people in the past really motivated me to go ahead and start taking lessons.
Despite what some teachers would have you believe it is never too late to learn.

The Einstein Factor actually claims that when some people listened to Mozart for a while, their IQ points went up temporarily. Interesting I guess.
I find from experience that the smartest musicians and smartest people in general listen to Bach, not Mozart. Mozart's music is so well laid out it's unreal but for true musical genius you have to go with the master and that's Johann Sebastian Bach. Stunning musical mind! Rivalled only by Webern and maybe Bartok, but much more fun to listen to than either

x Offline

I also listen to lots of jazz (Miles Davis, Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald), modern metal (Opeth, Fear Factory, Tool, Rush), and yes, even rap (but not mainstream rap, the underground mcs like Royce, AZ, Canibus, Kool G Rap, NonPhixion, and Big Pun). Not so much for the music but for the way they twist vowels up when they talk. It's fun to dissect how they rhyme multisyllables.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved