Originally posted by Margaret:
also, you use the word "mind" to sift thru it all

i use my mind to balance the check book and stuff like that

i use my intelligence to ruminate w/ and think abstractly

i use my other than conscious mind to do what my intelligence and mind don't do

i use my spirit to energize all the rest

physical---ideational---causal

whats your point? i dont see it sorry

Ramon, i was going to post that exact same opinion on Joyce Then i thought i'd better not.

krisk, well, thank goodness i wasn't trying to make any sense to you. No need to apologize to me though. If i were you, i'd make it a point to only read the stuff i understood.

I was replying to tarun's sentence Will your mind still be able to sift through all of that information? The answer is: No, your mind will not be able to sift thru all of that info. The mind is used for other, less complicated things.

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited August 23, 2002).]

Administrator
Administrator

quote:

krisk, well, thank goodness i wasn't trying to make any sense to you. No need to apologize to me though. If i were you, i'd make it a point to only read the stuff i understood.

Margaret, I find that remark an incredibly insulting one to make to a member of the forum.

All members of this photoreading forum as well as those who do not post, have a goal of reading better and learning. They choose to challenge their minds and open themselves to new thoughts and ideas of other authors. Here you are telling one not to have such ambitions!

Alex

Alex, krisk has insulted me prior to your posting here. I refuse to sit down to any of his comments to me. Got it.

Maybe you could have questioned why i posted as i did before scolding me. In any case: keep it to yourself. No need to fire up a situation w/ additional comments.

In addition, Alex, you misread my post.

Well, after looking at his register date, something is not correct. I seem to remember him from a long time ago. So, Krisk, if you are not the same guy that gave me a hard time before...SORRY...

quote:
Alex, krisk has insulted me prior to your posting here. I refuse to sit down to any of his comments to me. Got it.

Maybe you could have questioned why i posted as i did before scolding me. In any case: keep it to yourself. No need to fire up a situation w/ additional comments.

Well, after looking at his register date, something is not correct. I seem to remember him from a long time ago. So, Krisk, if you are not the same guy that gave me a hard time before...SORRY...

geez, i only asked wat ur point was because i didnt understood.

I am the same krisk, but after all that i just forgot it. And if u remember i did help you in the other forum. And you even said thanks and all that.Not any of this crap you have brought on now!

If that is the way you want to be, fine.

Margaret - are you sure you're not thinking of Sidis? He was that annoying guy who said a whole bunch of insulting things to you and a couple other people...the guy yapping about Mensa and whatnot. It was located here: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/001112.html (The reason I thought you might be mistaking Krisk for Sidis was the "hard to understand" thing).

Come on guys, everybody take a deep breath; a lot of this I think is just a misunderstanding and a communications barrier that occurs when intonation disappears from conversation (sarcasm and genuine are harder to separate in cyberspace).

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

Administrator
Administrator

quote:

Really? This forum is intended to help people use the Photoreading WHOLE MIND SYSTEM.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited August 24, 2002).]

Administrator
Administrator

Ramon,

I agree that misunderstandings can occur. However I make no apology for questioning a remark that can be taken personally by members of the public who are reluctant to post their concern about the system for fear of belittlement.

Margaret has been a proactive voice on the forum providing her personal insights an help to many. Her post are read with admiration and respect. I consider that posting out of character for her. Insulting never the less.

For the members of the public whom I may have offended by raising my concerns about that remark I would like to say I'm Sorry.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited August 24, 2002).]

I understand that a post like that may have negative impressions on the rest of the public, but to be fair, if Margaret was indeed mistaking krisk for Sidis, and honestly thought that person was Sidis, then I believe she saw the post prior to hers as insulting, the "whats your point? i dont see it sorry".

To be honest, I read krisk's post as insulting Margaret when I saw it, but now see that he honestly didn't understand. That's what I mean about miscommunication. I would have made the same mistake Margaret made if the comment was directed at me.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

tarun Offline OP
OP Offline

I don't mean to insult anybody here, but who has gone to an Ivy League School? I'm just interested in learning how diverse this forum is intellectually. I'd also like to find out if anybody has used Photoreading with the SAT's.

[This message has been edited by tarun (edited August 24, 2002).]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved