quote:
Originally posted by Kimax2000:
How far away should the tangerine be?
You can imagine it touching the back of your head.
quote:
Is photoflip an advance technique?
It a method more suited to smaller paperback books it is better if you have gained some mastery of photoreading before proceeding to use this method.
quote:
Do you sub-vocalize words when you superread?
Some people do, some don't it the habit that you bring with you from regular reading. If you don't normally subvocalise then no you don't need to start.
quote:
Does understanding and familiarity of a language effect PR?
Yes it does. If you don't know the language then you are less likely to be able to fully activate it. If you have some knowledge of the language you will have to spend many more activation passes to gain a better comprehension of the text.
quote:
I was having this test where you to write out chinese characters out. I PRd them the night before and was hoping to activiate it before the test. I failed to do so, would it be the following reasona: I am not familiar with the chinese characters that i was photoreading.
b: I am not activiating it the right way.
You were hoping to activate it before the test? What did you do for activation and how many activation passes did you apply? Did you mind map the results of your activations? Did you ask mind probing questions using the trigger word you gathered in your preview?
Both...
A. You need to spend a bit more time becoming familiar with the chinese character seeing this appears to be what you are studying. Perhaps using memory technique and mind mapping to help you recognise those characters.
B, you probably needed to a couple of more activation passes, if you applied the activation step at all.
NOPS
N= Notice
O= Own it
P= Play with it
S= Stay with it
Alex