Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

quote:
Originally posted by jonah:
I have a question, is your version of Satanism like Anton LeVey's? Just curious.

I don't want to get too far off topic. You can mail me at admin@lylyth.org, and we can continue discussing my "religion" via E-Mail.

I use quotes because, dispite the delectable creature sucking on my ear-lobes, I am not a practicing Satanist.

quote:
Originally posted by laughing-heart:
I see myself as a spiritual being, but not connected to a specific religion, as I see them as limiting.

If I have understood Christianity, they see each person as *separate* here on Earth. The "I" stands alone, unless it is reborn, and then is connected to God. And God alone.

What I find while doing techniques like PR/meditation/visualization and so forth, is that my intuition widens quite amazingly; "answers" pop up from "nowhere". Coincidences occur. Strangers walk up to me and tells me just what I wanted to know, even if I had not asked. Or I answer their question purely from my gut feeling, and only later find out I was right.

Many times:
I do not feel any separation from the world around me; I feel connected with everything/nothing.

I feel I/we are so much *more* here and now ; NOT after death, but NOW!

Is all this coming from a God?? But what then when I am not part of that religion?
How can that be? I have not confessed to my sins to any Christian God.

Somehow I think this crashes a little with part of the Christianity; it makes the ego, I, a little blurry ... and that would upset a few rules, I shouldn´t wonder.

And so some fight whenever they see people might achieve the same peace/wholeness through other means.

Not sacrifice.

But there are many ways to Rome.
Whatever Rome is.

I think Photoreading taps into that place in ourselves where we have soooo much more abilities; we are limited because of the limiting ideas we have been given since we were born; through school ( just look at what ideas white man were taught about race just a centennial ago); through religion ( most of the religions claim that they are the only ones to hold the *whole* answer, so you are asked to block your curiosity about other ways of *seeing* ...); surroundings/peers/family.and so on.

The more you trust what is already in you ( like a perfect memory ) the better you are to make your own judgement.

Or so I believe!

ops. I got a little carried away. Had a heavy exam today; mind kinda rambled on.

But I meant this seriously. Hopefully it made a little sense anyway and contributed positively to the debate.

Hey Laughing - Heart! very interesting. It seems you and i are in the same boat. Have you ever (photo)read a book called, "Conversations With God"? if you havn't then you must!

As for Your belief that we aer NOT seperate and how christians and others always seem to have this as the source of depression, it's exactly what is written in CWG and even Einstein himself said "A human being is part of a whole, called by us the "Universe," a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings, as something separated from the rest -a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circles of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty. "

It would be interesting to experiment with PhotoReading books that promote a very specific philosophical stance, and see how this changes the reader. Assuming that these books are available from the public library, I would be willing to see how a selection of ten Christian books effect me. If anyone would be willing to reciprocate, I will be more than happy to provide a list of ten Satanic books. To make things easier, let's keep it non-fiction on both sides.

The question on hand is, does PhotoReading create the possibility for an unwanted behavioral/perceptual change?

Administrator
Administrator

Give that direct learning works. I'd say yes. Which is why I remain selective of what I read whether photoreading or regular reading.

Alex

I do not think it would. Here's my reasoning:

1. A person needs to affirm what they want out of the book (i.e. I want to learn Windows)
2. If I PRed a book on say, Jack the Ripper I would not expect to go on a killing spree because I did not affirm it and what I did not affirm my mind would filter.

Hope this makes sense.

Administrator
Administrator

My experience tells me otherwise. I had photoread a number of web pages seeking information about something else and discovered that I gained a lot more knowledge from those pages (and was applying it before I realised).

No affirmations were stated by me... I was just searching particular information from web pages. I am also witnessing something in someone that tells me that it is quite possible to develop a murderous streak if you consistently read material along that line. While one book may not make a difference a whole stack of them over a period of time probably will.

Where you look is where you are heading

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited December 08, 2002).]

My mother is a true-crime buff, and a devout Jew. I'll admit that I've only known her since the time I was born, but somehow the idea that her learning PhotoReading without changing the nature of the materials she reads would turn her into a killer is... interesting. I could see her developing the perceptual frameworks of a detective or profiler. I believe that her skills at empathy both are enhanced by and naturally draw her to true crime books.

This is mainly directed at the_saxophonist. For a more broader understanding.

I'm also one who would call myself a Christian and I find it very interesting that so many Christians are drawn to Photoreading. I would like to clear up a few things.

"Come let us reason together..." - Isaiah 1:18

I see mainly two types of christians, hypocritical and sometimes lunatic "christians" with closed minds. And there are those who just seem to be unstopable. Strong willed but humble people who's words match their actions, they know what they believe and they know why they believe it.

I get weird looks from some of my Christian friends when I tell them I practice Karate. (I'm still aching all over from my grading the other day. ) They tell me stuff about how the meditation in Karate conflicts with my Christian beliefs; and for a little while I was worried.

The problem is that friction is happening between two people's world views. Like Karate the technology of Photoreading is not occultic. I don't sacrifice a baby on an altar and call upon the energies of Satan to throw a Shotokan reverse punch, but the people who developed Karate had a different belief system which echos through the presentation of their technology. And it's the same with Photoreading. As a wise Christian once tolded me. "Eat the meat, and spit out the bones."

I find that there is a lot of confusion on the subject of meditation. In many religions there are practices refered to as meditation. And in Judeo-christianity there is a practice "to meditate". The word meditate is mentioned in the Bible several times, for example (Joshua 1:8). However this meditation I believe is different from the Hindu, New Age meditation practices. (Actually the New Age should really be called the Old Age because it's an really old religion that goes way back. Like all religions except Judaism and Christianity it can be traced back to ancient Babylon, but that's another rabbit trail.)

Here's an analogy. People are computers:
Computers are made up of software and hardware. The software you use to run programs (walking, running etc...) are called operating systems. Only one operating system may run at a time (forgive me if I'm wrong on this).

As a Christian I believe that there are some practices under the title of "meditation" which are dangerous, involving putting your self into an state where your a vulnerable to manipulation by other software. A state in which you switch off your operating system which can lead to another alien operating system working in it's place.
I believe this for some very good reasons. Which I will not get into here.

I believe that some of the "meditation" in Hinduism and New Age does this.

A guy called Rabi Maharaj wrote a book called "The Death of a Guru" detailing how he was a brahman that his father was a Guru and his grandfather was a high-priest in Hinduism. He's now a Christian and says that the state where demons can enter your mind is when you totally switch off and think about absolutley nothing. However in photoreading you state your purpose and focus on relaxing. You can hear Rabi Maharaj speak on this topic here
http://www.khouse.org/misslerreport/personal/19970804-119.html
or you can read his story here http://www.leaderu.com/wri/pages/maharaj.html
The meditation if that's what you want to call it in photoreading puts you in a relaxed state of "alertness" you are in control. There's nothing wrong with relaxtion, this alpha state the you put yourself in is something that everyone uses in their daily life. The deepest you will go in photoreading is a deep alpha state (I think) which is perfectly fine since when we go to sleep we go into a much deeper delta state. Also the meditation in Karate is a relaxing sort of thing.

The Neuro Lingistic Programming in photoreading also made me feel worried because it has been portrayed a lot to be part of New Age. Like the theory of Evolution is portrayed to be part of Science. Apparently the NLP Model fits the Biblical stance alot better that the New Age stance. http://www.neurosemantics.com/Christian/NewAge.htm

Preconcious processing is also mentioned in the Bible but that's another topic I won't bore you with.

Well I hope I haven't offended anyone. I find it encouraging that I can communicate with intelligent people like yourselves (Christian and non-Christian) your all really cool!

Thankyou for your valuable time.

Hornet.

P.S. For those of you who want to know more about what Christians believe and why we believe the things that we believe I would invite to listen to a presentation from the Steeling The Mind of America Conference 1998 http://www.khouse.org/conferences/steeling/peretti_98.html (Don't click the video it dosen't work. Also you need Real Player.)

the_saxophonist: hey. I wondered also if the relaxation techniques would be bad for me or make me depend on God less. But Photoreading is just a tool and can be used to greatly improve your understanding of God, what he has done, and what he will do. It depends how you approach photoreading or really anything; if you put your trust in it and depend on it rather than putting your trust in and depending on God then it is a problem. But you can use it as a great tool and I heartily recommend that everyone learns photoreading and tries to better learn how to use the amazing brain that God has given us. I use photoreading particuarly for my theological studies and I could not accomplish what I want to without it. I always use it for schoolwork for which photoreading is great. So go ahead and use it. Btw, try reading Calvins "Institutes of the Christian Religion". I think you will find that it will greatly help you in your walk with God. :-)

I'd like to address the meditation or hypnosis issue. Some Christians meditate to bring themselves closer to god or the bible. Similarly, some occultists meditate on gem stones to become closer to them. See how I can compare two entirely different groups doing exactly the same thing? I was once taught how to meditate at church camp a few years ago and the meditation was to simply think about absolutely nothing and they had us practice this for about 15 minutes. Now that I'm an occultist I can't even count how many times I've come across the technique of thinking about nothing. It's all in the same.
Hypnosis is just altering your state of consciousness. But some Christians say altering your state of consciousness is evil because you open yourself up to demons, but children even alter their states of consciousness by spinning in circles and getting dizzy by doing this are they opening themselves up to demons? Don't answer that it's a rhetorical question . Also when you sleep, assuming you do, your brain goes into many different states, so by this logic by going to sleep you'd be opening yourself up to demons.*chuckles* They are simple misunderstandings. That's a great question.

Adam

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved