Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#33068 12/11/02 05:00 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12
Hi everybody!

Maybe you guys can help me.
When I PR a 200 page book I can spend about 4 min or less;
If I have to PR on the PC, as I cannot have the same quantity of text than in the two pages of a book,

1. how should be the flipping speed using ''page down'' or ''up'' (half a second)?

2. I use to copy big amounts of texts from web sites and paste them in an editor like WORD, and then, I start PR it. I know this is not so smart. How should I do? While I'm PR'ing, can I use my normal focus to choose the proper link, open it, get in Photo Focus, PR the text, and do the cicle again and again, switching between hard and soft focus, without loosing the state?

Thanks a lot,

Paul.







#33069 12/11/02 05:47 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
My method for reading on the web is to open all the links that I want to read. PR each page one after the other then go back to the first page and activate it. I just hold the page down key for photoreading for short pages I just drag the scroll bar.

Alex






#33070 12/12/02 03:19 AM
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12
Member
Member

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 12
Sounds great!
Thanks a lot Alex.

Paul.






#33071 12/12/02 05:55 PM
Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 42
Member
Member

Joined: Nov 2002
Posts: 42
how can you Photoreading using the computer screen. Would love to try. Is there a blip "page" to see?

How far should i stay from the monitor, say 45 cm, my usual viewable distance I mean? or is that too small? my monitor is a 15 inch model.


adrian






#33072 12/13/02 06:02 AM
Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
You just soften your gaze... you distance is fine monitor size is fine. Just soften your focus so that you see the entire screen. image the X through it and notice the 5 points of the S while photoreading.

Play with it and see.

Alex







Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.085s Queries: 23 (0.026s) Memory: 3.0002 MB (Peak: 3.5941 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 08:53:55 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS