Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7
Member
Member

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7
Well after about 3 months now, I am going over the book again (couldn't afford the course). I have had it about a year, but can't seem to get it to work. The last time I went over it, it became a little clearer to me, but I still can't seem to put the process in to action. any good advise on how I could speed up the process alittle would be helpful.

A presently slow readers procrastination I guess.

Good going LSC for finally putting out the advertisments on a multimedia CD. I had the cassete and vhs tape allready, but this should be cheaper in the long run.

I read the thread about the disscussion of the deffinition of a genius. I think it is just the perception of a lazy person. I am constantly called a genius because the people aroud me can't hook up simple electronics (ex. color coded AV cables on a DVD player). It is almost getting annoying.

I also think that the IQ tests are more harmful than good. I took one a while back and got about 2 points above the genius level and it made me feel better than every one around me, and only now it is starting to sink back in that I am no better than anyone else and nobody else is better than me. That is my opinion though.

Thanks in advance for any advise or thoughts.

qp80






Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
It will be easier to give advise if you describe what you are doing.

1 How are you preparing? What is your preparation technique?

2 What is your survey method, how many trigger word do you pull? What is your preview method? Do you review your trigger words?

3 What are you doing to enter the Accelerative learning state? What are your affirmation? What is your photoreading like, and what do you do?

4. What are your activation steps? what method to you use to manually activate? How many activations passes? How long are your activation sessions?

Some insights to what you are already doing would help. It will give us a better idea where you may be missing something

Alex






Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7
Member
Member

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 7
quote:
Originally posted by AlexK:
It will be easier to give advise if you describe what you are doing.

1 How are you preparing? What is your preparation technique?


State purpose
usually too general or too specific
Ideal learnig state
close eyes, breath, and relax
tangerine

quote:
2 What is your survey method, how many trigger word do you pull? What is your preview method? Do you review your trigger words?

Look at the order briefly
dip in too far to find trigger words
forget to review some times

quote:
3 What are you doing to enter the Accelerative learning state? What are your affirmation? What is your photoreading like, and what do you do?

Relax like above
Photofocus
"X" method or "blip" method
flip pages
forget to close
sometimes procrastinate and forget about
the book.

quote:
4. What are your activation steps? what method to you use to manually activate? How many activations passes? How long are your activation sessions?

super read & dip
too few passes

quote:
Some insights to what you are already doing would help. It will give us a better idea where you may be missing something

Alex


I guess after I thougt about it I guess I was messing it up pretty bad.

Anything else that I missed?

My biggest problem is that I procrastinate with my reading, I feel that I am fairly slow at reading, so I never got the joy of it. I always fall asleep out of bordem.

Thanks any more tips will be helpful,
qp80

[This message has been edited by qp80 (edited January 08, 2003).]






Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
Administrator
Administrator

Joined: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,351
Looks like you answered your problems.

Here's something you might consider...
1. keep going with it... you know what is required and the steps.

2 accept in the preview stage there are some books wher you only have a general purpose (Eg I want to know if this book is worth reading) and others have a very speicific purpose (I need to know what is in this book for xyz and I need to get to the important stuff fast)

3 for previewing you only need the tangerine technique. AL state leave for photoreading itself.

4. set a time limit for previewing and stick to it 3 minutes if you intend to postview longer (15 to 20 minutes) after photoreading or 8 minutes with a shorter postview. Stick to the time limit.

5. Remember to say the chant while you filp the pages. Saying your closing affirmations will help with your intentions and activating your book.

6. Once you've Photoread a book and let it gel. You can just Photoread it again and start activating it straight away if you feel you've left it too long.

7. Set a time limit for each activation pass. If you haven't had the book gel it just means you need to do some more activation passes. Remember in total your activation passes wind up being considerably less than the time it takes to regular read the book from cover to cover. So if activation isn't working... its because you haven't spent enough time with that particular book. Your activation pass should be no less than 20 minutes, its been shown that the mind uses the first 10 minutes to get into flow for finding answers. With experience you find yourself getting into flow faster.

8. Check also your mind probing questions are they getting answered? And are you recording your answers noting on a mind map what you find during activation.

Check the quick reference guide near the back of the book Steps of the Photoreading Whole Mind System Mind map. It has a mind map of all the stepsand is a good guide to check with to see if you are missing anything.

Look at enjoying reading / photoreading and you are less likely to procastinate.

Alex







Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.104s Queries: 21 (0.043s) Memory: 3.0026 MB (Peak: 3.5951 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 09:55:42 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS