Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Speed reading is different and to me, it's stressful. Until I learn the tangerine tech. That helps just to concentrate more and be more aware. But Learn PR anyways or just learn PR first. Speed reading is WAY more work and less fun. And after that, you HAVE TO DRILL EVERYDAY to maintain speed, or else subvocalization happens again and you basically lost everything.

OP Offline

Wow, so the difference between Speedreading and photoreading is that PR is more fun and easy to understand than Speedreading
well, I am still waiting to start the PR as soon as it is delivered to my house. It seems the PR has not come to my house because here it is raining. I thought it would be delivered to my house by today because I ordered PR on Sunday night. (I did 2day business day shipping). How about you guys? If anyone ordered the PR by 2 day shipping, did it take you longer that it is expected to be arrived? Thanks...

I'm learning from book right now, I left my tape set to take a break until I can understand the whole system better.

Your mother is right, there is no shortcut to studying.

That being said, most people are doing things the long way around.

Imagine what it would be like if you were to read through a textbook without ever looking at the table of contents, or reading the introduction or preface. You'd have some idea what it was about while reading the first chapter, but you wouldn't know what to expect next or how to put it into context. PhotoReading puts everything in the textbook into a context, because you read the whole thing in minutes. PhotoReading also lets you know what to expect next, because the PhotoReading step of the whole mind system works on the implicit, intuitive memory.

I've never used it on text books, but there are hints both on this message board and in the PLC on how to do just that.

Remember, there may not be shortcuts, but there are effective techniques for adult learners.

Well... Unless you read like 400,000 books (all subject reading) already, there is no clear way in which you can grasp the information that you want. But then again, who has read 400,000 books? Anyone hit the 1 million mark yet?

OP Offline

hey, Kaiden I don't understand what you mean when you said, "Remember, there may not be shortcuts, but there are effective techniques for adult learners." So you mean the Photoreading can only help us fiction category? I thought PR could help nonfiction or math-related textbooks as well. So what about science course like physics, chemistry, and biology? I see that biology is mostly reading and chemistry seems half reading and half calculations, and physics seems more like math. Honestly, reading textbooks kill my almost entire time in day schedule. Bye the way, I am really strong in math and science field. My weak area in study would be reading, writing, and history (although history is one of my favorite subjects), which all require lots of reading and understanding and sometimes analyzing! I would like to improve those weaknesses so that I can be a round skilled college student by next year.

P.S Can anyone seriously answer my question on shipping, plz? I did the 2 day shipping on Sunday night. Today is Tuesday. So will it be delivered by tomorrow or the day after tomorrow?

Administrator
Administrator

klizark007

The course is perfect for what you want. Mostly Photoreading works fastest on nonfiction. When it comes to fiction many of us just want to slow down and savour.

Sorry I cannot help with the shipping info.

Alex

quote:
Originally posted by klizark007:
hey, Kaiden I don't understand what you mean when you said, "Remember, there may not be shortcuts, but there are effective techniques for adult learners." So you mean the Photoreading can only help us fiction category?

No, I mean that PhotoReading is not a shortcut. If I want to go from my bedroom to my mailbox, I could open my back door, lock it, close it, walk around the outside of my house, enter the front door (appt. building), check my mail, leave the front door, walk around to the back door, unlock my door, open it, step inside and close it. Or I could walk to the front door, leave it unlocked while I pick up my mail, and then close and lock it behind me. That is not a shortcut, it's the most effective way available to pick up my mail.

PhotoReading is not a shortcut, but it is the most effective way available to study written materials. Otherwise, you are truncating your reading ability with second-grade methodologies.

OP Offline

Thank you for the advices so far. By the way, Ummm, has anyone taken this PR course while in high school? If you has taken PR during high school, how long did it take you to feel that you are improved with both speed and comprehension?

OP Offline

byw, all of you seem beyond college graduates. Ummm, are there anyone who are in high school and had a photoreading experience? please post some messages if you are in high school or college student how much PR benefitted you and how long it took you to understand PR thoroughly. thx

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved