Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Lots of us are high school students. I am a highschool student messing around with PR. Seriouly though, if you listened to the tapes and read the book... you'll find that the book is mainly the tapes, almost some parts word for word just Paul saying it.

Isn't it kind of late for SAT and SATII prep?
I mean, that was Junior year stuff that you should of taken care of.

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited February 15, 2003).]

[This message has been edited by Chang Liu (edited February 15, 2003).]

OP Offline

Hmm, Chang, I have a few questions. You are saying that you have been messing around with PR and you r a high school student. Honestly, what grade are you in? So you are saying that PR basically messed you up in high school. DO you mean that PR is bs, or photoreading makes you lazy because you dont need efforts in school because you can finish your homeworks and curriculum in a minute? I dont get what you are saying on that.

PS I know that it is late for SATs but my brother is 9th grade and I was meant that PR can help my little brother for his SATs. However, I am gonna tackle on APs.

Administrator
Administrator

klizark007

By "messing around with it" Chang means that he hasn't made the effort yet to actually learn it and therefore hasn't applied it to his studies. In fact because he hasn't done the course in the order given he is now paying the penalty of having to sort it all out.

Use the tapes sequentially learn it for yourself and you will discover how useful the photoreading system really is for studying. I expect that you will be passing on the tapes to your brother in the future

Alex

Bah Humbug to you too AlexK. I did read the WHOLE PR book today. So now, in accordance with you, I am all sort out. I just finished activating a book. It's cool, I'm going back for another pass.

Administrator
Administrator

ROFL @>>"Bah Humbug to you too AlexK."<<

Good one

So. You read the 'whole' book? As early as today?.

Sorry about the sarcasm Chang but remember truth right?

If you actually did activate a book, I congratulate you. You've jumped your own high hurdle. You'll find from here on in it gets better.

If you didn't... well it makes no difference to me. Love the >>"Bah Humbug to you too AlexK."<< though

Alex

OP Offline

hmmmmm, ok. If you are a high school student, and used the PR whole mind system preparing SAT or AP exams at the same time(probably like last year or before), can you tell us what you got on SAT or AP exams thank to PR?

me?! or who? I'm a junior, SAT and ACT this year. Meditation and knowledge sharpens the mind. I'll tell you what I get on AP US test after I take it. It's not looking soo good... =( well... this is what I did. For preview of my American History book I looked at the pictures chronogically that are included on every page or so. I mentally noted what the events were, pictures should represent important events or people. I memorized those and flipped the pages concious through the book 4times just looking at the pictures(review). Now, all my passes are just filling in more detail to my events thus aiding my essays and deepens the understanding of history. But I find that if I rely one ONLY one book for a subject my knowledge is sparse and very limited. Most of us do Direct learning or synpotic reading. I am going to the library on saturay from 9am to 6pm, wish me luck. =)

OP Offline

k, I meant anyone who took SAT or AP exams. I want to know the result from people who have been training PR. please post the honest SAT scores and how you achieved up to it. Thank you guys~

quote:
Originally posted February 16, 2003 02:25 AM by Chang Liu:
Bah Humbug to you too AlexK. I did read the WHOLE PR book today. So now, in accordance with you, I am all sort out. I just finished activating a book. It's cool, I'm going back for another pass.

quote:
Originally posted by Chang Liu:
Most of us do Direct learning or synpotic reading.

Really? Since when? Considering you only read the PR book last week, I find this implied leap in ability rather astounding. And to the best of my knowledge, few members of the forum employ either direct learning or syntopic reading. Of course, they can speak for themselves!

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited February 22, 2003).]

Long story... I know how to PR, just that I jumped around in the system and didn't really connect all the dots until whenever I did it... Read the book, things made sense. Then I already knew how to do Direct and Synoptic, went to library, made a bib page and read up. I'm "new" as in I started fresh after I read my PR book. But I had prior knowledge when I jumped in so that gives me advantage.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved