There's a number of threads on the differences between PhotoReading and Mental Photography. The biggest difference, as far as I can see, is that Mental Photography places a huge amount of importance on spontanious activation. PhotoReading mentions the possibility, and teaches the use of Direct Learning to enhance skills, but the real emphesis is on manual activation.

The real difference, according to LSC, is not in the application but in the theory behind the two methods. To quote Paul Scheele on the subject "The key is not subliminal perception. The key is the brain's capacity for preconscious processing. I've spent my years developing a protocol to capture this capacity and put it reliably in the hands of our clients."

I buy Paul Scheele's statement, both figuratively and literally, due not only to my success in reading but also in my increases in precognative awareness. By precognition, I don't mean anything supernatural, but rather "knowing before you know you know." The example Paul Scheele gives in the PhotoReading tapes is the use of reading the daily newspaper. Because todays news stories often start yesterday and continue tomorrow, PhotoReading the daily paper allows one to anticipate events.

I don't know enough about Mental Photography to poo-poo the system, but I do know enough about their advertising claims to say that their attacks on PhotoReading say far more about themselves than about Learning Strategies Corporation.