I find it easier to PR when I am complete relaxed. I take like 5min at least to just sit on the floor and relax in Full Lotus position (Yoga sitting) or just regular sit. To stop thinking with my concious mind I just listen to the sounds around me and hear them in my head to cancel out my subvocalization thoughts. I enter the beginners mind, open my eyes, get on the table and restate my purpose then turn those pages. The PRWMS is relatively new to me also since I authentically started recently thanks to some persistent members on the forum that wouldn't let me give up and helped me through. Don't ever deny your brain of anything, just FIND it. Subconcious mind takes everything in once and likes it like that. Concious mind loves to repeat things. Get the book into Subconcious mind and link it to concious then study. That should be no problem if you accept all your emotions and feelings invoked by the experience. As with most skills, if this doesn't come naturally at first keep playing with it and don't get too discouraged, rather more courious and confused.
Hope that helps.