Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

He helps lots, yes. =)

OP Offline

I just read the Natural Brilliance description, and was wondering if, in your opinion, if that might aid in solving my own personal issues listed above. It would seem my 'model of failure' is indeed very strong. Has anyone used Natural Brilliance here? I am a college student and cannot afford to buy alot of these things, unless absolutely necesary, altho being successful in college is absolutely necessary, and thus far, i am not. Opinions? Reviews?

OP Offline

Just an update here. My g-f is finally showing improvement in her self-confidence, altho she still has a long path ahead, I feel more confident that she is going in the right direction, so I continue my encouragement, and now insist she consider some form of higher education. As for my own problem, I have improved somewhat, now making C's and D's (One B i think), which is a major improvement over my single A(easy class), 'c' and 3 f's last semester. I achieved this by spending many hours a day reading this forum, and reflecting/semi-meditating on my life. I am really looking at Natural Brilliance, as it seems my problem does originate in a model of failure created by my past experiences. How many of you in similar positions have had positive results with this tool? As always, reply's are appreciated, so thx all.

You seem to have a negative anchor for studying, which means that whenever you sit down to do work your mind gets all anxious because that was how it used to feel when you studied--like Pavlov's bell. The sickness associated with studying is most likely irritible bowely syndrome, and the only way to fight it is on the mental side. In your meditation sessions try creating a new anchor to release the old one. Do this by imagining yourself studying in a relaxed, normal, focused manner. Good luck, and keep us posted.

There must be some Christian fellowship groups on campus that you and your girlfriend can join. I am a student at UC Berkeley, and it seems to me that the Christian fellowship groups are very friendly and dedicated to helping people out. I think you and your girlfriend can make more friends that way.

Also, perhaps you and your girlfriend may go to some community or social service works. Here around my school are many student organizations where they do social service work such as teaching those unfortunate homeless kids to read or do simple arithematics. I think once you start to expose yourself to people who are less fortunate than you and your girlfriend are, you'll have a more positive outcome on life. Also, if you do community or social service work, I think you'll feel that your life is more meaningful.

Someone said that you should avoid letting your girlfriend think that you are her only source of help. I think this is absolutely true. You should encourage your girlfriend to interact with other people. Of course you don't wanna push her to do it. And you also want to make sure that the people she's interacting with are the right people.

I don't really have an advice on how to improve your grade. It seems that your prlblem isn't that you can't study efficiently. I think your problem is that you have a hard time even starting to study in the first place. I have the same problem too. But I think that Natural Brilliance, Ideal Mindset, Decisive Action, and Consistent Achivement programs should help both you and your girlfriend a lot. But don't take my word for it since I haven't tried it yet. Perhaps someone who have tried those programs is in a better position to comment on the effectiveness of the program. But in any case, consider trying those program out.

OP Offline

Sorry, but the christian groups would not work 4 us... I'm at a point in my life where i'm not sure what i believe, and she is flat out an athiest. She is being force to go to church 3 time per week right now, and i think that has made her develop a hatred of it... I at least am open minded about religion for the most part, I just am not participating right now... Exposing myself to ppl less fortunate than me is a VERY bad idea, as most of the ppl in my sh*tty little hometown are much worse off than me, and seeing it usually drags me down more than anything.. I try to avoid letting he think that i am her only source of help, but at the present moment i am for the most part... she is trying to get into OSU (my college) for next year (assuming i am still here), altho i doubt she has the grades for it, but if she does make it in, I'll introduce her to many ppl I know, and the reslife program here is excellent.. living on a floor with 60 other young women would problably help alot with her shyness and loneliness. I am seriously looking at Natural Brilliance, and would like opinions from anyone who has used it, esp. anyone with troubles similar to my own. $150 is a lot of money for a college student facing losing his scholarships.
Thx for the replies all!

Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by An0therN00b:
Just an update here. My g-f is finally showing improvement in her self-confidence, altho she still has a long path ahead, I feel more confident that she is going in the right direction, so I continue my encouragement, and now insist she consider some form of higher education. As for my own problem, I have improved somewhat, now making C's and D's (One B i think), which is a major improvement over my single A(easy class), 'c' and 3 f's last semester. I achieved this by spending many hours a day reading this forum, and reflecting/semi-meditating on my life. I am really looking at Natural Brilliance, as it seems my problem does originate in a model of failure created by my past experiences. How many of you in similar positions have had positive results with this tool? As always, reply's are appreciated, so thx all.

Natural Brilliance is what I consider an excellent foundational tool. Yes I think it would help you to use the skills of first Releasing, then Noticing, Responding and Witnessing what impact your action and help you to take action to move you towards your goals. The course itself helps you to identify and set your goals.

Yes I've used the course and the tools from that course provide a foundation that makes every other self help course easier to use.

It was probably the skills from that course that led me to doing the Photoreading Instructor Training Course.

Alex

Hmmm... it's good to see how others struggle, so I can model their success.

Keep up the good work man. During meditation, try to probe into how you succeeded when you were as a child. From your story, seemingly you were very successful knowledgewise as a child.

Pray and Meditate

Chang

Natural Brilliance is excellent. On my website, I feel I may have to change the rating that I gave to the book review I wrote. There is something you'll notice about Natural Brilliance - it holds the pipeline that seems to run through every other course/product that LSC makes. It's their attitude, their way of thinking sort of, put into a box. *Yoda voice.* And a powerful way of thinking, it is.

Myself - I'm CURRENTLY considered a nerd/geek by many people. Back in elementary, I was fortuanate enough that people admired me for my intelligence, but...it's a damn shame it can't be that way everywhere. You were diagnosed with ADD? Wonderful! Read a book called 'Right Brained Children in a Left Brained World.' The author's name escapes me at the moment...:-\

I actually have many of the so-called characteristics of ADD, but somehow I'm able to focus just as well as anyone else. I'm able to carry on several things at once, too, and when I have trouble concentrating, it's simply because there's things that matter more to me than the topic at hand - I have made priorities out of more important things. If you're distracted by your girlfriend, and are wanting to help her in her life, then that's one example of something that is more important, from my perspective. I could be wrong, I may not have the best priorities, but that's what I've decided none the less.

Right now, you may be her only source of help. Right now, you could be at the bottom, and be on the verge of falling into a viscious, repetitive cycle. That's just right now, though. The future is always on its way.

Right now, because of recent issues in my life, my GEOGRAPHY GRADE, of all things, has fallen to a D average. "You didn't turn in today's daily assignment. What happened?" the teacher asked.

"I didn't get all of it done," I answered, but it was still pointless.

"You're 2 or 3 grades from failing for the semester. I suggest you stop being lazy, because that's what he has to be. It's not a question of ability with you," he said to me, and this really meant a lot to me. The fact that someone knows you have potential is probably one of the best feelings you can have in the world. Know that feeling right now, because I think everyone on this forum knows you yourself has the ability to take on any goal, any challenge, that you wish in life. Now, I don't believe there is any such thing as laziness. That's the part of the statement that I would disagree with. If people are telling you or your girlfriend that you're, "creating mellodrama out of this whole thing, and being lazy about getting what you need to get done, done," then you tell them they can shove it straight...you tell them that's b.s. and they don't know a thing.

It's great that her self confidence, and hopefully yours have risen. The key thing to survival is releasing the pains that seem to have been thrown into you. You can do this a number of ways...but which ways do you see in front of you?

I don't have a Yahoo SN, but my AOL Instant Messenger screen name is simply youngprer, and my MSN contact is doc5587@yahoo.com. Feel free to talk to me there, or e-mail me at youngprer@yahoo.com.

Although my review may or may not be very helpful at my website on the Natural Brilliance book, you can see it in the Articles section. http://www.geocities.com/doc5587/

-youngprer

OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by youngprer:
Now, I don't believe there is any such thing as laziness. That's the part of the statement that I would disagree with. If people are telling you or your girlfriend that you're, "creating mellodrama out of this whole thing, and being lazy about getting what you need to get done, done," then you tell them they can shove it straight...you tell them that's b.s. and they don't know a thing.

THANK YOU!! That resonates w/ me like you wouldn't believe! I have a few good friends here I can talk with, and have told them my story, and they say "That was in the past, so it don't matter. The real problem is your being LAZY. We all hate doing our homework, we just do it, but your just too freakin lazy!!" But the more I look at myself, the more I realize that there is more to it than that, and I can do something about it if I find the root of the problem and figger out how to eliminate it. I know I have the ability, I just need the self-imposed limitations lifted and a little motivation...

Well, me and Julie have been together for 1 yr and 2 months, and are going to our second and final prom friday... I hope I'm not too tired to enjoy it, as I got nearly 5 hours total driving to do tomorrow, + really late after-prom celebration ( ).. and i got another 2 sections of math to do 2-nite, so i guess i better get my butt off this forum and get to it. C-yall later!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved