Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#35184 02/25/03 12:30 PM
Administrator
Administrator

You got the memory supercharger? Great.

It's not exactly intended for this but a memory is a memory. Positive memories bring about positive feeling and positive motivators. Negative feeling usually cause procastination.

You have postive memories of times when you really got wrapped up with studying and it really worked. (yes they may seem few and far between and even outnumbered by the flops ) You probably even have memories of successes with photoreading (no matter how small).

So when you use your Memory Supercharger tell yourself 'I remember all the positive/motivating experiences had in relation to studying (photoreading) and I recall these whenever I am due to study (photoread).

Recalling positive past event reinforces those events and makes it easier to deal with the procastination bug. While you're waiting for the Get Around To It, New Behaviour Generator or Personal make use of the one tape that you have. Memory is memory and paraliminals work best when you state a clear purpose for playing them. So try using it to remember your success to help you get motivated.

Alex

#35185 02/26/03 06:26 AM

Chang,

The forum has had a harsh reaction because, to be frank, you've been getting under a lot of people's skins. The first one I remember is when you inadvertantly insulted Flow, which was around the time you made me upset about something. Apparently you managed to tick off AlexK (who I've rarely seen get mad on the forum), and I remember some caustic exchanges with you and YoungerPrer (younger"prep").

"I'm sure he'll have a good time learning PR while everyone seemly mocks him."

Nobody here mocks someone because they're new. Nobody here really MOCKS anybody. In fact, I think after you made a pretty insulting comment to Flow, another person did mock you, and Flow, the person you insulted, noted that the mocking was really rude. Mocking only really happens as an additional jab in what's most likely already a mean-spirited post (like what I do).

"But I just find it intriguing that all the excellence people have dignity to all team up and remark on one statement."

People DO react when someone does things that are making a lot of people upset. Seriously, if you manage to get four different board veterans upset about lots of different things, that's a bad sign. It's not because you're new, or even completely about what happened in this thread; it's because you're doing something.

"You are pretty harsh to statements that you disagree on. Looking at your prior posts, it's you help others then you kill others."

Yeah, this is true. I get very defensive with myself and for my friends. I believe I may have the record for the amount of threads deleted in this forum due to my exploding flaming habits. Some may remember one thread that had something like 200 posts. But I stand my ground that though sometimes harsh, I always try to remain appropriate.

"But for now, I quit this forum on further posts until I learn PR well enough to post again."

That's not the point. No one here wants you to leave because you don't know the system well enough. In fact, the problems people are having with you has nothing to do with PRing. People are upset because they see you as rude, and while a lot of the time I've felt most conceptions were just misunderstandings, I'm sure there are several occasions where YOU drove OTHER people off with this attitude (I remember one incident where you told people not to come on the forum until they learned the system first).

Chang, nobody wants you to leave. They just want you to not be a jerk. You obviously want to help people, and this is commendable, but helping people doesn't have to involve pretending to be experienced when you're not. Helping people on a forum involves something as simple as giving advice based on your own experience. Most of the time giving this advice will make YOU better at the system.

Faking this experience just hurts everybody, including yourself.

You can learn a lot from these forums, and I've heard of a couple people that managed to learn the entire system using just clever navigation of it. It's a valuable resource, and it would be stupid to give it up.

I suggest you stay, and just try to be nicer. Isn't that a feasible option? I think your intentions are ultimately good and that you want to help people, but just watch how you act towards others.

You're a really good person with really bad manners. Clean up one, and the other will shine through.

In short: Don't be a jerk. You're better than that, man.

-Ramon http://razor.ramon.com

#35186 02/26/03 06:58 AM

Thanks man, I didn't know I was appreciated here. But to further my helping of others and recieving help, I think I should get some experience with the system first. So far I PRed around 8books and activating them as we speak. But I think I'll be more helpful if I get around activating 50 and then coming back to use my concious gains to help others.

brb in about a few weeks, PR+school+social life all needs to be worked on.

Chang Liu

#35187 02/26/03 05:23 AM

Dude,
Chang, calm down, don't try to act like a know-it-all when you just learned the system.

You ARE appreciated here, just not your rude comments

#35188 02/26/03 12:36 PM

I think we got it settled, Arthur. Thanks.

-youngprer

#35189 02/26/03 03:45 PM

sorry for the repiption, but I will see you guys all in about a few weeks.

#35190 02/27/03 06:25 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chang Liu:
sorry for the repiption, but I will see you guys all in about a few weeks.

Chang,

Use these tips, and you'll speed up how quickly
you master the basics of PhotoReading:

-- Prepare, Preview, PhotoRead, & fully
activate 12-15 books that you have not read
yet but want to read. Do this over a period of
3-4 weeks.

-- Use every technique in the 5-step system of
PhotoReading. Your goal is to master each
indivudual technique. Within 12-15 books, most
of them become automatic.

-- Use the Mind Map on page 68 of the little