visionwolf:
Are you totally stressed from listening to the tapes? Or, is it something else?
1. If you are stressed from listening to the tapes, then you are holding on to your stress at a deep unconscious level. This means that you keep stress in your life to avoid dealing w/ the feelings or thoughts that would pop up IF it were GONE.
2. If it is something else, like your job, then sit down & listen to one of the tapes.
I found out how much stress i had when i started PhRing. I would be relaxed & then when i began to PhR, my shoulders got so tense they ached. I decided to listen to Deep Relaxation FOREVER if need be. I listened to it every night before going to sleep for almost a year. My GOAL was to be able to instantly relax whenever i wanted to. I figured that by listening to this one excellent tape, my physiology would be rewritten & i'd be able to deal successfully w/ stress. It did work.
There are 2 basic kinds of stress: mental & physical. Do you know which you have? Breathing slowly, visualizing relaxing & beautiful scenes, learning how to relax all the different muscle groups are all ways to get rid of stress.
Go to B&N & PhR all the books on stress
Then just visualize yourself relaxed.