Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#3845 01/17/02 10:51 PM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

I thought that might attract your attention. Anyway I have advice for Dreams not Lovers. Maybe next time Lovers.

I found a tip in a book on supplements for the brain called "Your Miracle Brain" by Jean Carper. A supplement which can help you have vivid dreams is acetyl-L-carnitine, it also has other beneficial affects on the brain. Don't use it if you have epilepsy or manic depression.

I thought this might be able to help those who in conjunction with the Dream Play Paraliminal want greater benefit from dreaming. It makes sleep seemingly alot more worthwhile. The usual dose is 250 to 1000 milligrams a day.

Good luck.

#3846 01/19/02 06:53 AM

I take that as a suppliment for another reason. I can honestly say that I haven't experienced anything different as far as my dreams are concerned. I have been taking 500mg per day for about 9 months. Just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents on the subject.

#3847 01/18/02 10:50 PM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Snickydots

Actually the author wrote that the effect of vivid dreams is a possible side-effect of Acetyl-L-Carnitine. It is possible that it won't occur in some people. Thanks for your input from your experience.

I thought it was a great possibility.

#3848 01/19/02 02:52 AM

I used to take B-6 100 milligrams a day. It didn't do any good for me. It also gave me some negative side-effect

I found Memory - Supercharger to be the best thing to induce vivid dreams. I never record my dream and i can remember my dream everynight if i listen this tape prior to listening. however , i haven't had any Lucid Dream yet even thogh my dream recall is not so bad. any advice?

#3849 01/22/02 01:19 AM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Theerapun

For lucid dreaming, get the brain wave generator, listen to a deep delta wave for 5 days, stay at frequency 1.5 at pitch 100 for 30 minutes after going down slowly for 30 minutes. This worked for me.

Go 5 days or longer to notice a difference in your control of your waking out of a dream.

I think this works because your delta entrained brain and pulls you down, even when you are trying to wake up out of the dream. You learn to relax at a half asleep level instead of fighting it.

Holosync also is reported to help with lucid dreams if I have my facts right. It's also deep delta.

At the frequency of 1.5 there are also trauma releasing benefits. Maybe there is a more specific program at the brainwave generator site which you can download for lucid dreaming. Anybody know?

I think it's best to know what you would do if you had a lucid dream, so that you spend the time productively. Write down a plan for how you would spend the time. Maybe your mind will reward your powerful intention.

The next time I dream I will realise I am dreaming...ah ha...I'm dreaming... Yes!!! This is easy! Wow!

Lucid dreaming is not all wonderful though. In one dream I asked a friend for advice with dating and he gave me some silly idea. I forgot what he said because I thought it was so silly, so I can't write it here. Maybe there was a hidden meaning. Maybe it meant that I'm not serious enough about dating. Sometimes dreamwork seems impossible. And don't think I've got it all together, not in the least. I think I average 1 lucid dream in a fortnight, but when I was listening to Holosync and Bwgen I achieved quite a lot more, but I can't keep that up every day.

Personally, I wish I could change the lighting in my dreams, to brighten them up a bit, and broaden my view of things that I can see in my dreams, so that I can see more.

#3850 01/22/02 12:38 PM

Thanks a lot Grant.
Your technique sounds great. Since you know a lot about lucid dreamer. I have some additional questions.

1) How long does it take for this technique to work?
2) Where do you get this technique?
3) Do you record your dream in a diary ? Do you do reality-check? I recorded dreams for 1 week and got sick because of lack of sleep So i stopped. I hardly do reality check since i dinitely hate it ! I can't do MILD or WILD.I meant I don't do any Lucid Induction technique at all. Is there any chance for me to have LDs?
4) How is your dream recall? I think i can recall my dream everytime i wake up in the night but i don't want to wake up during the night so ... i can remember only 1 dream a night... but i have to try really hard in order to retrieve full dream. Usually they aren't full . Is my dream recall adequate ?

#3851 01/22/02 11:31 PM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Theerapun,

Don't be too desperate, don't be impatient at all, if I'm correct, I'm picking that up that you are trying too hard. Dreams must be sleep helpers and not sleep killers. Love dreaming and dreaming will love you back.

I don't really have a technique. But the deep delta meditation should help after a week maybe a week and a bit.

What I have noticed about lucid dreaming is that if you have a strong intention to be controlling in your dream to affect something to a definite aim, to test something out etc, then it is more likely that your mind will remind you that it is time to take control when you enter a dream.

Remind yourself also before you go to sleep that it is generally 1 hour on both edges of your sleep time that lucid dreaming will occur.

Another thing I've noticed is if I have the attitude to generally let things be in a dream and not take proactive control to improve things then my dream is almost ensured it won't be lucid. I think it is a high possibility that someone who thinks on the spot during their day making decisions to act and control their environment and themselves in a positive manner is more likely to experience control of their dreams. That is a question I have.

All the knowledge I've given you comes from my experience.

I don't record my dreams.

I did a reality-check with you at the beginning of this message, I often do reality checks while I'm awake. Someone told me I'm a 6 on the Enneagram. I wonder whether this reality-checking helps me to enter lucid dreams. This may seem silly.

I usually recall one dream a night. Your recall is fine if you ask me.

Don't pressure yourself, your dreaming is adequate already, you are succesful already, use what you have, see the abundance in what you have already. See what you do with your dreaming that is effective as it is now.

Celebrate what you can do with your dreams presently.

#3852 01/24/02 11:37 AM

Thanks Grant.
You did me a lot.

Well , i think my problem isn't trying too hard. But my problem is motivation. I think you meant if i really want to become lucid , then i will. Well , the problem is that i want to become lucid but i don't want to practice. I hardly think about Lucid Dreaming before going to bed but deep in my mind , i really want to be a lucid dreamer.

Thanks for encouragement that my dream is adequate. That helped me a lot.

#3853 02/07/02 01:30 PM

Hi Grant,

I finally had my first Lucid Dream last night. It was a fluke actually. It was probably due to memory supercharger. Now i want to have more LDs. so...
1) Do i have to listen to the preset you suggested for 30mins?? It's quite long period for me. I want to make sure.
2) Can you retrieve information from subconcious using LD?
3) How to use BWgen to overcome insomnia?

thanks.

#3854 02/07/02 09:19 PM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Theerapun

I finally had my first Lucid Dream last night. It was a fluke actually.

Excellent! I'm happy for you.
It was not fluke, if people can control subatomic particles with their willpower you can definitely use your intention to direct your mind. Good going. Something had to give way you've got tenacity.

1) Do i have to listen to the preset you suggested for 30mins?? It's quite long period for me. I want to make sure.

When I was using that preset in Bwgen I was trying to copy Holosync, which has a Dive(30 mins) and an Immersion(30 mins), I accidently found it worked for Lucid Dreaming. Often though I could not go as long as 1 hour, because I could not make my chair soft enough to sit reasonably still that long. So I experimented with shorter Dives and shorter Immersions.(Take note Holosync listeners a person can't really copy Holosync without insider knowledge, which I don't have).

Theerapun, what you really have to aim for is to go at a slow enough rate down to make sure you are pulling all your brainwaves down with it. Try 15 mins, if it works try less for the down slope. Try 15 mins for the main entrainment part. Continue to use Memory Supercharger like you have.

2) Can you retrieve information from subconcious using LD?

If you've got a desk in your bedroom, or a cassette player, you could do the following:

Hang all your clothes up before you go to sleep, leave nothing over your chair by your desk. Leave a couple of good pens on your desk that work really well. Leave a pad of drawing or writing paper on your desk. Put a tape in the tape player, roll the tape forward to just before the magnetic part. When you go out during waking hours put a small pad and sharpish pencil in your pocket. Do this often.

This is all to tell your inner mind that you have the resources handy to reflect on information it presents. You could be in a lucid dream and "get out your bed" and find you can't get your clothes off the chair to sit by your desk.

I know you don't really get out of bed during a lucid dream, but if you "wake" into your room during a lucid dream everything will have to be as organized as possible to be productive. If your room is usually untidy and you usually trip over things it could hassle your productivity in your lucid dream. If you prepare in reality, you'll believe you have those resources in your dream state.

If you "wake" into a lucid dream you could play the tape, or view or write on the paper. I think you definitely must have requests in your mind as you plan for your Lucid Dreaming. If you play the tape, affirm "This is what my subconscious is trying to tell me" and then press play.

You can also be more magical, you can suggest to yourself something is happening that you want to happen, for instance you want to talk to a friend , so you affirm: "I want X to appear, X is appearing". Then ask them a question which you had previously prepared in your waking hours.

3) How to use BWgen to overcome insomnia?

Use the same preset, I would think, often as well.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited February 10, 2002).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved