Siren83, Alex and Ann are right.

The other thing I'll add is do the dipping technique on large pieces of writing. Dipping is a very rapid eye movement. Too fast to verbalize.

I know this sounds more like Just Do It. However, I guess I'm suggesting that you practice this step of the PWMS on it's own. Use material you don't Need to know. Pick up a magazine, newpaper, fiction book.

The trick is to not let yourself verbalize. I would say if you verbalize two words in a row you should let your eyes slide faster.

Relax and NOPS it. You'll be pleasantly surprised at what you will pick up.

I know this crosses over to one of your other posts, but open your field of visual awareness. See three or four words. Then more and more then the whole line. However, if you are seeing about 3 inches worth of the line then the dipping will go more smoothly. If you narrow your field of awareness to a single word you will slow down and verbalize.

Also when you do some normal reading, let your field of vision widen. Be aware of several words on either side of the one you are reading. This alone will speed up your traditional reading.

Remember the P in NOPS is Play with it... that implies you are having fun and you are trying things.

You are perfection,
Iam2