I've activated not very long, honestly. At most, I did only a few minutes more after the half-hour designed in the course. It's still my worrisome nature that gets in the way; that inevitable sense of hopelessness...I realize that when regular reading, people do it and hope that something sticks. That's my attitude with PhotoReading. It's really inconvenient to have this get in the way.
I do pull out trigger words, but it is possible that they are not unique enough?... or would it not matter? For example, I might pick the words "technique" or "application," but those words can be in many books, thus I may overlook them.
Or is it the other way around and I should pick common words, so I tend to dip more?
Also, what if I pull out trigger words and super-read (or skitter) and have absolutely no hunches? I realize that my purpose is probably not strong enough as well. I'm really determined to point on what I'm doing wrong.

Btw, I'm impressed at your constant metaphors. Do those just pop up spontaneously?
I appreciate your answers. Sorry about the barrage of precise questions.