After a very busy weekend, I finally could do my Direct Learning session yesterday night. I could gather five books related in some way or the other to photoreading and five course manuals also related to photoreading in one way or the other.

Books:
Photoreading (Spanish translation)
Natural Brilliance
Accelarated Learning For The 21st Century, by Colin Rose and Malcolm Nicholl
The Einstein Factor, by Win Wenger and Richard Poe
The Mind Map Book, by Tony Buzan

Course Manuals:
Photoreading
Genius Code
Natural Brilliance
Four Powers for Greatness
Memory Optimizer

My purpose on photoreading all these books and course manuals was to learn how to do each step of the photoreading process and how to develop my skills and master it.

I took the Genius Code tape on Direct Learning and I went through a guided session to photoread the first book (I chose the Photoreading book to start with). The tape briefly described the photoreading process and its purpose. Once this part was over, I paused the tape and went to drink some water, then I revised the book. It didn't take long to remember its format, I have read it in the past. Then I resume the tape and took the guided session on entering the ideal state, using the tangerine technique to strenghten my eye-mind connection, pass the pages while doing that monotonous chant, doing a second pass with the book turned upside down, and then close the process with some affirmations. I then did the other books on my own. One thing that happened was that as I did the chant, since it is so repetitive, I tended to put it in "automatic" and then start daydreamming, something that I don't know whether or not gets in the way or hinders the purpose of engaging the conscious mind; so since I didn't want to hinder it, I adopted an approach of changing the chant; 1-2-3-relax-relax-1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2-1-keep-the-state-see-the-page-relax-relajado-uno-dos-tres- etc. It worked on keeping my mind on what I was doing since I consciously changed the rythm and wording. I made a pause between books to drink some water, then I did all the course manuals without much of a break, just a break to close the just photoread manual and stating my purpose, revising, and getting into the state between them. Then I resume the tape for the Direct Learning part of the tape.

Will it work? I don't know for sure and I don't care. Even if it doesn't work I'll continue with my plan as if it worked. Either outcome is acceptable although I confess that it is better if it works.

I will not do anything the next weekend. I'll allow two weeks to the new learnings to form. Then I'll go for a whole week listening to the Photoreading Activator, unless something else is recommended; and then with the course.