Your situation seems similar to mine. I always like to plan things out and set a time to do them in the future. But then I realized, if I don't use PR now, I won't ever use it.
You know the system (or so it sounds like, and if you don't then just go through the tapes or book as soon as you can without putting it off), it's not as hard to learn as it is to use. The key is to PLAY with it and USE it over and over until it becomes as natural as your old reading habits. I'm sure you have to read various things throughout the day - in between these large "learning sessions" that you are setting up for yourself. So with that casual reading, PR it and then do the multiple pass activation -- soon you will start to understand the system. Good luck! I'm still learning to use it everywhere to, so it's nice to hear what the journey is like for you.