quote:
Originally posted by Madaglan:
I guess my questions are
1) Am I doing everything as I should be doing?
On the surface yes. No mention of entering ALS, affirmations, Tangerine, Mind probing questions... you could be missing a couple of helpful steps.
quote:
2) What are some Activation tips for a beginner?
This
"but I do not feel drawn to any passage by my mind, nor does reading any of the text spark off ideas in my mind."
... seems to indicate a lack of questions. What do you want to know from the text.
If at first you don't succeed, try again.
Then try Skittering.
Remember the tangerine.
quote:
3) Granted that I am doing everything correctly, how long (days, weeks, months, years) should it take to receive my first manual activation experience? In other words, what is the range of time that it takes between first testing the Photoreading technique and achieving activation results?
Depends upon when you finally quit giving up before you've fully activated the text. If a book takes you 9 hours to regular read... expect to spend 3 hours activating in layers.
Biggest mistake. - Expecting it all to Gel in the first activation pass.
For 90% of the folks learning to PhotoRead the first activation pass produces virtually no great satisifaction in their reading comprehension. It often comes with the 3rd or 4th but usually they make the mistake of quitting too soon.
Yes it gets better the more you use the system. You learn what you weren't taught in school and that is to ask questions of the author about what s/he wrote. When you develop that knack it gets a whole lot faster still.
Alex