Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#41637 05/04/04 05:08 AM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Member
Member

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
I am presently on the fifth day of the five day system suggested by Scheele in the Photoreading book. I have created an outline of each Photoreading step and have religiously followed each step. However, nothing seems to be activating.

My question is, is subconscious activation something that happens suddenly and all at once, or is it a gradual bringing of awareness to the conscious mind?

I'm currently Photoreading the NT and have created a long list of 20 or so questions, written out just as many trigger words, have noted structure, etc. It's just not clicking with me.

Perhaps I have problems with the tangerine technique. I'm not a big fan of tangerines, so I can't really picture a tangerine up behind my head. So, I substituted a knife in my head, but I still can't concentrate on the point behind my head. I can chant quite well, however. I don't like the song in the Photoreading book, so I just sing my own ("99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" and "Sing a New Song Unto the Lord") They seem to keep my mind off the text that I'm photoreading, but sometimes I drift mentally, although my attention is still on photoreading the text. Is this ok?






#41638 05/04/04 01:38 PM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
Learning Strategies Admin
Member
Learning Strategies Admin
Member

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 7,089
Likes: 1
For the tangerine I would picture something other than a knife. The mind body connection can get a little too literal in some ways. Try a hat or wizards cap, Some have had bird, magical orbs or even a star.

What are you doing to activate? What techniques are you using?

Alex







Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.065s Queries: 17 (0.034s) Memory: 2.9837 MB (Peak: 3.5951 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:57:12 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS