Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#4197 04/09/02 06:25 AM
OP Offline

uh oh ..
I was thinking of buying the Sedona Method Audio course, and I was thinking if anybody knew the stuff and liked it.
The thing is that they have you do something called "releasing" and immediately I thouhgt of Natural Brilliance ... is the Sedona release like the Natural Brilliance one? Is it more powerful; would it strengthen the Natural Brilliance Model?
Thanks
stefan

#4198 04/09/02 10:53 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I purchased the Sedona Method course a year ago and found it great. It goes into specific areas of releasing (letting go of emotions about things, people and situations) using specific question initially. I haven't got the Natural Brilliance course yet but can admit without having done the Sedona method course I wouldn't be here. It helped me let go of a lot of worries in my life and come to terms with things.

Lost of hearing (retirement on medical ground - redundancy unable to use phone)
Loss of employment (5 years unemployed)
Loss of home (no income to cover mortgage)
A relationship that ended ("can't handle your hearing impairment")
And this year I turned 40
Living on a disability pension, which just pays my rent. (Food, clothes, utilities, etc are luxuries LOL)

Chances are the Natural Brilliance course already covers it or has similarities. Side 1 of the first tape from the Sedona course is one of the Utopia tapes.

Why not slow down and work with one method for a while? Beware of the monkey mind that keeps jumping from one shinny stone to another dropping one valuable gem for a brighter looking one. Keep the gems you already found by working with them and making them yours.

(Although the Sedona Method may help you 'release' from the frustrating search for the answer to the 'meaning of life'.) I found it to be a good course in that it brought me peace of mind. I guess it created a sort of flow 24/7 for me not the bells and whistle kind that everyone seems to be looking for (I was too) but now I let go of the anxiety of trying to find that and am growing into it more and more each day. Kind of like when you give up looking it finds you.

What ever you decide it will no doubt be the right decision for you

Alex

#4199 04/09/02 10:54 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I purchased the Sedona Method course a year ago and found it great. It goes into specific areas of releasing (letting go of emotions about things, people and situations) using specific question initially. I haven't got the Natural Brilliance course yet but can admit without having done the Sedona method course I wouldn't be here. It helped me let go of a lot of worries in my life and come to terms with things.

Lost of hearing (retirement on medical ground - redundancy unable to use phone)
Loss of employment (5 years unemployed)
Loss of home (no income to cover mortgage)
A relationship that ended ("can't handle your hearing impairment")
And this year I turned 40
Living on a disability pension, which just pays my rent. (Food, clothes, utilities, etc are luxuries LOL)

Chances are the Natural Brilliance course already covers it or has similarities. Side 1 of the first tape from the Sedona course is one of the Euphoria tapes.

Why not slow down and work with one method for a while? Beware of the monkey mind that keeps jumping from one shinny stone to another dropping one valuable gem for a brighter looking one. Keep the gems you already found by working with them and making them yours.

(Although the Sedona Method may help you 'release' from the frustrating search for the answer to the 'meaning of life'.) I found it to be a good course in that it brought me peace of mind. I guess it created a sort of flow 24/7 for me not the bells and whistle kind that everyone seems to be looking for (I was too) but now I let go of the anxiety of trying to find that and am growing into it more and more each day. Kind of like when you give up looking it finds you.

What ever you decide it will no doubt be the right decision for you

Alex

#4200 04/09/02 02:37 PM

Xehupati,

If you've done the Natural Brilliance course you know that it involves four steps: Release, Notice, Respond, and Witness. The Sedona Method is similar to the Release step. When you release, you let go, getting rid of stress and begin to relax. The Sedona Method is similar, since it is a way of letting go of unwanted feelings. It is just a different way of letting go. For some people, the Release step is enough. For others, who need more, the other three steps of the Natural Brilliance model are what they need to accomplish their goals.

#4201 04/09/02 06:38 PM
OP Offline

thanks for all your answers.
Hey AlexK thanks for the monkey analogy, that really helped. I'm on a relatively tight budget and I even though I would have gotten the Sedona course for $190 with shipping paid, I didn't. For now I'll stick with the Natural Brilliance model ... I mean I don't want to go into overdrive ... it's like buying a dozen books on fitness, you'd be better off with one and sticking to it than with 100 without knowing whats best ...
For now I'll stick with LSC
thanks
stefan

#4202 04/10/02 10:33 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Glad to have helped. I'm sure the Sedona Method will still be around if you want to try it later.

I'll be able to compare the two courses once I've received the Natural Brilliance course myself. Be happy to let you know how it compares for me.

Alex

#4203 04/10/02 02:41 PM
OP Offline

LOL you're not gonna beleive this the Sedona course just came with UPS
damn they shipped it so fast I had no time to stop it
hahaa well seems the monkey had its way with the shiny stuff
okaayy .. so noo weight bench for me this month
I'll just check it out I guess ... now .. that I've got it ... hmpf
LOL ... lil monkey steven getting his way again ... there goes my pay-check!
no way I'm going to send this baby back; it'd cost me tha purchase price again to send a package back to America ...
well hell I paid $100 less than the normal price ...
see ya

#4204 04/11/02 05:49 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Need to keep an eye on that Monkey, hey? Now make 'em both work! LOL

I'd like to know what you think of the course. It got me out of serious depression since it really concentates on the emotions that we attach to thing/situation/people.

Alex

#4205 04/10/02 09:17 PM

No the Sedona course is not like the NB course in approach. Both can be used together, but they are definitely different.

If i was to attempt to ascertain the differences it would be:

NB works with paraliminals for releasing and a drawn model that is filled in.

Sedona works with direct releasing using questions: could you? would you? when?

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited April 10, 2002).]

#4206 04/11/02 01:53 AM

I agree with Margaret that the Sedona method is different in many respects to Natural Brilliance (I have both courses). Natural Brilliance uses a conscience and other-than-conscience aproach, although the Release/Notice part of the conscious program is not as emphasized as in Sedona.
I wouldn't worry about having both courses, they can complement each other quite nicely. Looking at Releasing techniques from two different viewpoints (Sedona & NB) can't be bad!

[This message has been edited by focuskid (edited April 10, 2002).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved