quote:
Originally posted by tektonik:
So than from my conception, tell me if im wrong, correct, and put me straight.

Photoreading is like looking at the questions in a book and then going back through the book to find the awnsers contained in the book?
(i kinda associate that with cheating for some reason.) But if it is, then when i actually locate the section of text where my awnser is, when i come upon it, do i read it normally or would i just kinda know what it says?

If it's in the book and is the answer how can it be cheating? The book is not a test paper it is a reference source. PhotoReading isn't a test on your skill on find the the answer faster by other means than looking in the index or table of content. PhotoReading is about using exactly that when it is available. Tradtional reading requires that you start at the front and work your way to the back and forget what you read at the front of the book before you get to the end. The Table of Content is never really used for more than an inbuilt bookmark in traditional reading.

The author wrote the book to explain some things from his or her point of view. Because the text takes on a linear form it had to be put into some sort of order but that doesn't mean you have to travel in that order to get to your destination. Like looking at a map your purpose is to get to your goal by the shortest route starting from where you are at.

It's the same with the book. What do you want to be able to do first. Look at the content and go there. It's not cheating to tell the author to cut the chatter and tell you where the out house is if that is what you want right now.

When it comes to dipping apply rhythmic perusal for a phrase or 2, perhaps a sentence or occasionally it might be a paragraph or two.

quote:
So than im just looking for anwsers to questions i generate and if necessary keep generating questions?

Without questions you are a passive reader hoping that something sticks. This is how most people apply traditional reading.

quote:
But i have somthing to help me locate these anwsers to my questions (which is the power of my sub-conscious) from doing this photoreading and the menthods of activation are what? tools to help me locate or rather quickly go through the book and locate the text to which my question resides and get a feeling or signal from my subconscious that the anwser is contained there and that i should check that spot?

Or turn chapter headings and subheading into questions. You can guess where you would find the answer when you do that.

quote:
I assumed there was somthing operating here besides that, like some magical thing that would actually get me to know the book contents of the whole book in a much faster time than going through it normally like i thought that i could photoread a book and then somewhat know whatever questions or contents i needed to, cuz i think from tv i saw an ad once and there was a guy i think it was pete from what i can put together.. he was photoreading a computer screen and than was directly asked questions so i assumed that you can do this as such and i was thinking that i could photoread a book and then just look at the books text and contents and know what every paragrah or sentence contained and maybe you can with time.

Did you also notice that Pete was asked questions about the book? It doesn't matter who asks the questions but without questions you don't create or find answers. Without questions one cannot demonstrate their knowledge.

Also when Pete PhotoRead that text he had a purpose to answer the questions that are going to be asked of him. He pays attention to the images that come up in his mind.

As a beginner you would get your reading done to the same level of comprehension or better than traditional reading in 1/3 the time it takes to read the book. With experience you'll greatly reduce the time.

If you want to do what Pete did you would have to do what Pete did to learn it as well.

PhotoRead 10 books a day and activate at least one book per week for about 3 months. With a sense of curiosity to see what could happen without creating rules that it has to be experienced a certain way.

Alternately you can PhotoRead 3 to 5 books a day for 2 months and greatly improve your manual activation, getting through books in 1/5th to 1/10th the time it takes to traditionally read.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited October 08, 2004).]