Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#43234 12/01/04 04:06 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

Read the book.

Peripheral vision isn't opened up by speed reading. If you want to open up peripheral vision, watch TV sideways, go night walking, do magic E viewing.

quote:
i totally agree except the fact that with eye training as photoreading recomends someone said can enhance your peripheral vision
moving on to groups of word reading the center of lines and then trying paragraphs
next step is a page right?
which can only help in photoreading

Your method thus far is slower than superreading and dipping. For activation NOT PhotoReading. You do not need to speed read to PhotoRead ad 25,000 to 600,000 WPM

PhotoREading is NOT Speed reading it isn't even reading. There is no subvocalisation you've moved beyond it. PhotoReading is leaned within the first 2 hours of a live seminar and within 1 hour on the home study course.

quote:
as you can see i can manage to get to a decent reading habit with this
and even if i didnt learn photoreading i would have changed my life you agree?

I don't know what you're doing but your comments are not really helpful to those who wish to learn PhotoReading.

Please stick with the topic of the thread and offer your PhotoReading experiences that would help someone learning PhotoReading. That is what this forum is for.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited December 01, 2004).]

#43235 12/01/04 05:20 PM

well i though i was near the topic
where it had kind of led to at least

i do not know how it is harmful for photoreaders

i agree moving my eyes fast across a page will not help with peripheral vision but looking down the page in the center and trying to get the other words can
which i have been doing pretty good so far
and as i explained trying a paragraphs like that would be useful and a page would be great

speed reading drops the vocal part
do not pretend that reading ends where that ends
its just around 1000 wpm where it stops
even that would be important part to learn right?
i do have a point
the similarities get to be more and more later on
the eyes slow down again aswell

#43236 12/01/04 05:30 PM

PhotoReading is moving from whole to parts.
Prana you are not talking about PhotoReading

Moving your eyes down the page is NOT PhotoReading. PhotoReading is taking in a page per second. Superreading and dipping moves the eye down the page.

I take in 2 pages at a time not just a paragraph. Why do you expect everyone to slow down for PhotoReading just because you choose to read slow with the conscious mind?

The mind can only handle 7 plus or minus 2 bits of information per second. If you are reading at 9 bits of information per second your top speed is 540 words a minute, beyond that you are no longer reading.

Ohter than throwing in uninformed bits of information about PhotoReading, what is your point?

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved