Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#46222 12/03/05 06:23 AM

Hi Alex,
I have many questions, but I'd like asking first if photoreading can work with another language; for example if I'm italian and I'm learning English can I photoread an english text?
Do I need a extent vocabolary for photoreading?

#46223 12/02/05 10:58 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoReading works on any text any language. Whatever you can read you can use PhotoReading on.

Alex

#46224 12/04/05 05:27 PM

Hi Alex,

Yes, you are right again converging your eyes will not result in successfull activation it would just be a waste of time. As a matter of fact looking in the center of the book and seeing the blip is not the right way either. I looked on page 46 in the photoreading book and realized that everything I've been doing to photofocus was completely wrong well, not all wrong but, just the wrong approach. As I looked back on 46 It stated "Seeing the cocktail weenie demonstrates you are diverging your eyes instead of converging them on a fixed point of hard focus. When you do this your peripheral awareness expands..." If I had looked and read the book word for word as it stated I would not have wasted so much time on converging. Although, I am happy I learned converging for other practices besides PR. Now I've been practicing the Cocktail Weenie technique for a bit and I must say that it is challenging. I am trying to fix my gaze and do it to the point that I will see the weenie without converging the eyes inwards. Using this method while looking on top the surface of the book I'm reading is also a bit challenging. But, atleast now I've reached a step further in my PR because now I know I've made errors and this gives me an edge in progressing. I will make another reply once I see what happends to me next.

Crumb,

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited December 04, 2005).]

#46225 12/04/05 11:02 PM

Like I keep saying seeing the blip is not necessary. Looking through the center of the book has it's advantage. You need to pay less attention to the four corners of the book.

If you look over the top or underneath the book you will want to make sure you are seeing the four corners not just the top or bottom portion of the book. Looking through the center is handy when you have large book like textbooks it makes it easier to notice the four corners.

Remember to affirm your purpose. Photofocus
alone will not guarantee successful activation. You need to know your purpose. What do you want from the book. What important information do you need from the author.

Alex

#46226 12/07/05 02:19 PM

Hey, I know that what you've been explaining to this room might be all good. But, I don't think the instructions in the PR book is that hard. You just have to be dedicated I have found a blip in the book bye just taking my time looking an inch or two above the book and concentrating on an object beyond the book... I have seen a blip and I think I have gotten the concept right because when I diververge and then decide to look back directly at the book the blip dissapears it's quite different from Converging the eyes. When you converge your eyes is always fixated and you'll always find the blip whether you look away or directly at the book...but I'd prefer to take my time and master the techniques and concepts in the book. I wouldn't tell people not to worry about the blip because book instructed us to do so.

Crumb,

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
Like I keep saying seeing the blip is not necessary. Looking through the center of the book has it's advantage. You need to pay less attention to the four corners of the book.

If you look over the top or underneath the book you will want to make sure you are seeing the four corners not just the top or bottom portion of the book. Looking through the center is handy when you have large book like textbooks it makes it easier to notice the four corners.

Remember to affirm your purpose. Photofocus
alone will not guarantee successful activation. You need to know your purpose. What do you want from the book. What important information do you need from the author.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited December 07, 2005).]

#46227 12/07/05 09:39 PM

Actually the book says

"No Blip? No problem!"

It's not a problem not seeing the blip. In fact people with vision problems may gever get the blip and if you only have sight in one eye You'll never see the blip.

I hate seeing people waste their time struggling with the blip I know it's not required my most successful spontaneous activation was before I got the blip.

I'm a PhotoReading instructor. Rest assured we learned a lot since Paul wrote the book you really don't have to see the blip page to succeed in PhotoReading.

Alex

#46228 12/07/05 10:19 PM

Then what am I to see when photofocusing?
What do I do to reashure that I did it successfully and when do i know when I should move onwards to activation? Another thing, does the affirmations before and after PR make any differnce?

Crumb,

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
Actually the book says

"No Blip? No problem!"

It's not a problem not seeing the blip. In fact people with vision problems may gever get the blip and if you only have sight in one eye You'll never see the blip.

I hate seeing people waste their time struggling with the blip I know it's not required my most successful spontaneous activation was before I got the blip.

I'm a PhotoReading instructor. Rest assured we learned a lot since Paul wrote the book you really don't have to see the blip page to succeed in PhotoReading.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited December 07, 2005).]

#46229 12/07/05 10:50 PM

You use the imaginary X-Technique. Notice the four corners of the book the pattern of the white on the page, the margins. While softly gazing through the centre of the book.

If you can see the blip great it's a neat sign you got it right when you using periperal vision. As you pointed out from your experience you can get the blip too easily focusing with cross eyes.

My post is assure people who haven't got the blip yet not to get hung up on it and continue with the system. Soft focus notice both pages without trying to read the words is all that is required to PhotoRead.

Your eye sees with the rod as well as the cones always. All you need to do is stop trying to see and let the eyes see.

All the trying to see does is hook up the conscious mind which creates barriers. Since the conscious mind is playing with the data the non-conscious mind decides nothing more is required. It's the have to have signs, have to know. Have to make sure I'm getting this 100% right or it won't work beliefs that stuff up the process not the physical body.

It goes in with the periperal vision (the rods) anyway.

So please stop creating have tos and must do or it won't work. It's the IT Won't Work that becomes your intention and your mind will always live up to your expectation.

It works without the blip page, Expect that.
It works with divergent gaze (and you happen to see the blip page which is a nice sign) Expect that.

Are the beginning affirmation and closing affirmation important.

They are a statement of your expectations what you intend. Ironically you're making a statement whether you are consciously aware of it or not (refer to the rules you created). If I want positive results I'm going to make sure I give myself positive affirmations of my intent just in case I have an non-conscious rule playing in the background. It evens out the playing field and increases my chances of success. So Yes I do consider the opening and closing affirmation very important.

Alex

#46230 12/08/05 02:44 PM

Alex K.,

I would like to thank you for your patience. We've been writing each other back and forth and I know I'm not the easiest person to write to. And, I will admit most people do not like to be challenged and that is something I do all the time. It's wonderfull to have a discussion forum were we all can get together and help one another out and thus, accomplish the same goals. Once I get everything down packed, hopefully I will get PR working for me!

Crumb,

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited December 08, 2005).]

#46231 12/10/05 06:00 AM

Could I just add one thing to this tread that I have noticed with photoreading.

Effectively in each of our eyes we have two separate eyes. (Please bear with me on this one). The two separate eyes being one eye, within the eye, sees with rods and the other eye, within the eye, sees with cones.

With normal reading (those who do not know about photoreading) people read with the eye, within the eye, that uses rods.

Now, with photoreading, people use the eye, within the eye that sees with rods, to focus on the white space and everything we don't want to read. Then it gets us to use that eye, within the eye that sees with cones to read everything we normally read with the eyes that used the rods.

It is absolutely incredible what Paul Scheele is teaching everyone. And people must realise that to change to this way of seeing takes TIME but time worth spent with GOLD.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved