Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Rick Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Pete B,

I must confess that I am harboring some reservations that a person can learn how to do qiqong effectively, if at all, from watching a video tape program. I mean, isn't this something that one should learn from a live instuctor? I've read in several books, "Magus of Java" for one, that it takes years of practice and study with a qualified master before you can achieve a level of proficiency.

I would definitely appreciate your feedback.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

For the longest time we didn't think someone could learn PhotoReading from a home study course. We assembled a team led by Paul Scheele to completely redesign how we taught PhotoReading from the ground up and in 18 months figured out how to teach PhotoReading with audio tapes. That was five years and tens of thousands of satisfied PhotoReaders ago.

When we began working with Chunyi Lin in 1997 we did not know whether it was posssible. We had two major things going for us: 1) we had incredible expertise in learning to learn, and 2) Chunyi had taught over 5,000 people Qigong in his workshops.

Chunyi learned that years of practice was not necessary to remove energy blockages from the body and balance energy in the body.

He also learned that he could teach anyone how to give energy to other people in two minutes.

He says one of the reasons Masters have said that in the past is control. Another is because the Masters, themselves, do not truly understand how energy moves through the body. Another is they want students. Another is to keep Qigong cloaked in mystery.

That said, mastery takes time; proficiency doesn't.

In the last year more than 3,600 people ordered the Spring Forest Qigong course. Returns under the 6-month satisfaction guarantee have been less than 3%. The feedback has been very positive.

What's the best way to learn Spring Forest Qigong? Do both the personal learning course and the workshop. The problem is being able to get into the workshop--if you can do it. There are not very many workshops and they are often taught over several weeks. He does only a couple weekend retreats a year and they fill up right away. The experience with Chunyi is worth the expense.

Level 1 is everything you need to know and do to heal yourself. Level 2 is about giving healing to another person. Level 3 is group healing, long distance healing, and more healing with another person. We hope to have these available in the next two years.

For Levels 4 and beyond you will have to study with Master Lin.

When you get the course, feel free to ask any questions here.

I am not a medical doctor, so I cannot give medical advice, but I will do what I can to help you understand the practice of Spring Forest Qigong.

By the way, I just finished a 30-minute Sitting Meditation and am drinking a cup of Yin-Yang water. It is wholly part of my life.

Pete, did you do any kind of Yoga, Taichi or the likes before you started Qigong, which would enable you to compare Qigong with one of those?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

No. About a year before Qigong I was heavy into racquetball and aerobics. During the "missing" year I recovered from a car accident and falling out of a tree. I've been a meditator for years, some heavier than others.

Rick Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi again Pete,

Thanks for your prompt and extremely informative reply.

I must confess that some time ago I also had reservations about PhotoReading, that is, until I decided to put my skepticism aside and take the plunge. Now, I'm a PR believer/crusader. Guess it's my nature to be wary of everything at first...could it be because I'm from New Yawk?

Anyways, I'm an inquisitive sort so I'm gonna go ahead and adopt the mindset of a research scientist, take the plunge and have fun with the program and check out the results for myself.

Thx again!

quote:
Originally posted by Pete Bissonette:
By the way, I just finished a 30-minute Sitting Meditation and am drinking a cup of Yin-Yang water. It is wholly part of my life.

What is Yin-Yang water, please?

trasheik,

Yin Yan Water is made using half mixture of hot water and spring water with a bit of honey added.

Michael Saikali

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Half boiled water and half spring water.

Half boiled water and half spring water.

What is the significance of the boiled/spring water other than philosphical yin/yang?

Actually, pete, I had a dream that I met you after a business meeting and shook your hand.. I gave a very vigorous and strong business-like hand shake... and you responded with, 'no.. no no no. relax brian, inner smile, try again.' and the next handshake was one of gentleness. Like a qigong/taichi handshake if one exists.

agg, I hate those weak, feminine handshakes. Feels like holding a fish.

[This message has been edited by Tim_with_a_T (edited February 07, 2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved