SFQ is a very effective way to treat/cure any kind of illness. I would suggest starting with Level I. Acquaint yourself with the system and theorey. Start at the beginning, both you as healer, if that is the case, and the person who is ill. Look to the information on healing others as you begin doing basic exercises. As time is critical, I would go so far as to suggest looking at level II as soon as it becomes available. I lost a close friend to lung cancer that metasized into bone. I did not know SFQ at the time. I wish I did. I know I could have been more effective. I noticed at the time, that one thing I could do was relax this friend. Pain causes tenseness. Going through relaxing each part of the body helps open them up. I was aware of key energy points, but just moving through general body areas works. This is in SFQ. Have them smile to themselves. This is "very" important. Whenever I finished relaxing this friend, they were relaxed, and, smiling. This basic transformation is very comforting. It is difficult to heal someone in late stages. It is possible though. At minimum, you can make them comfortable. I am going to list some random things to consider. Hopefully, as you get involved with the program, they will be easy for you to utilize.
1) Keep their kidney energy up. Point your sword fingers, both hands, at their kidneys. Picture dark blue/navy light coming out of your sword fingers. Inhale into the middle dan tien (solar plexus/heart area) from the universe, through all parts of your being into this area. This will keep you from depleting your energy. Your breathing can coordinate with this, exhaling the light through your fingers, although it is the mind that moves the energy, and it can be moving through continously. Keeping their kidney energy up will hopefully buy some time.
2) Stay ontop of the smiling idea. If this originally was a lung problem, saddness may well have been involved as a source of negative emotion causing a problem. Just in general, the smiling part is absolutely crucial, through all exercises/meditations.
3)SFQ is signal healing. Your mind can penetrate the cancer cells. Positive affirmations put right "messages" into the body. Channels open, blockages gone, cancers gone, etc.. "go back to the universe, this is not good for the body"
4)Cancer doesn't like oxygen(fresh air/exercise), fresh food (vegetables), "heat"(stare at a fire or flame, transfer the hot part of the flame, using your mind, into the cancer.or, Put the sun into the body.Again, cancer doesn't like happiness (smile).
5)Put message(positive) into any medications being taken. Neutalize the bad part of the medication, again with signal/intentions. Ask (master's energy) to have any negative part pass through the patient.
I hope some of these ideas help you move quickly, and/or buy some time until you are farther along.
I have gone ahead some in the program, but I am concerned about your situation regarding time. Perhaps some of the above info can integrate into your beginning the program. Don't bypass the basics, even if you get SFQ II before you have spent time with SFQ I. The only reason I suggest getting both, is the focus on healing others in SFQ II. It doesn't replace SFQ I, it is just an additional aspect, and developes healing abilities further. One more suggestion: Try and protect this person's personal space. My friend was overwhelmed with people coming in and out, shaking bones, saying prayers, claiming their ability to save him, etc...
Bring them peace and quiet, open them up, relax them, get them to smile, do some real healing. Don't seek acknowledgement for what you are doing. You can do things without them knowing, do it for them, if they are tired, use your creative self to find ways, replenish yourself during the process.