Gallen,
Thanks for a very helpful reply.
Just to carry the discussion a bit further on.
1) I am in two minds whether to do the SFQ LI, or pass the material onto the person concerned (my father in law), or do it with him in conjunction. The reason is because I always thought (note that this belief is from other sources and not from personal experience as my qigong level is miniscule) that you need say typically 3 mths, or 100 days training in the basics, or one could be depleted irreversibly. Is SFQ different in that you could start helping another person pretty straight away.
2) I say this because, at the beginning I taught him some qigong movements, and we did the movements together, I corrected him etc, for a couple of weeks and I found that I was very tired the day after on those nights after we did them.
3) The other reason is personal, as I made an undertaking not to learn another form/system until I have mastered what I am doing at the moment (Tai chi, kung fu), or until I meet another master (Chunyi is in US, I'm in Australia). How is SFQ combined with other systems?
4) By the way, was your friend's cancer small cell type. Thinking back, all the chemotherapy and radiotherapy treatments did not have any reducing effect on the cells.

Best Regards.