Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48454 08/23/02 11:51 PM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 958
Member
Member

Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 958
Since i'm just starting Level 1 again, i'm wondering if it would be best for me to take a Level 2 workshop w/ M. Chunyi Lin in June of 2003?

Any thoughts from anyone? I don't want to rush it, but i do want to move in a forward moving manner. I'm wondering if that's enuff time for Level 1. Since i own the Level 2 and am doing a little here and there, i'm thinking taking a Level 2 workshop would be ok. I know i'll not be ready for Level 3 for at least a year to two.

Thanks for any input.


#48455 08/24/02 04:46 PM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
I think you should take level III. I feel strongly about this. I think you would benefit most from this given the information I have seen regarding your posts.
Yes, there is a ton of information in level two, but, it is written down. You have it in hand. The LS version is very complete. You have it on paper, if not in your head yet. Going to a level II clinic would just duplicate that. The level II clinic is more information gathering and overload, and technique...Level I was more meditative, do to the two meditations, and the long active exercise. Level II is mostly information, with some exercise, no meditation time at the clinic. It is nice to spend that meditation time with Master Lin, and feel that group energy, his energy, in a meditation.
Spending the meditation time with Master Lin is nice. Level III involves some longer meditation, and some added information continuing on from level II , regarding healing others. Given your background in meditation , your should do Level III, if you travel here. Most people I saw at the level III clinic I did were not what I would call advanced, in any way. Some had taken level II a week before! The class consists alot of people seeking help for health issues that weren't or aren't being addressed by western medicine. Another aspect of the group is composed of health care providers, like nurses and therapists, checking it out, incorporating the information relative to their careers. A third element, the smallest from my observation, were qigong practioners. Essentially healthy people, maybe younger than the health issues people group, pursuing qigong as "students" of qigong. Again, there were plenty of people there that I know, weren't involved in a daily practice of qigong. You aren't tested in any way. I would schedule for either a weekend or a retreat. I haven't done a retreat, but I would bet they are exceptional. I say level III, expecially if this is going into next year. Please email me if you want help coordinating this. Let me know what you are thinking, and I can help you with the logistics. The locations are diverse, some much less convenient than others in terms of flying into Mpls. I would be happy to help you make this connection. They do coordinate some of the levels for out of towners, where you can take two levels in back to back time periods. This is why I think I saw some inexperience at the clinics. It is possible to catch up, repeat, whatever... If you pick one, take level III. Otherwise a II and III back to back. They are different in content.


Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.063s Queries: 17 (0.030s) Memory: 2.9816 MB (Peak: 3.5921 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 11:01:59 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS