Things quiet down and get simpler, merging into one experience... Your practice sounds ok. More inactive than active exercise. I don't know how that balances out with your physical body's needs, as you mention you have been sick for a few years.
I don't feel I get past entry into something, until about 40 minutes into an exercise. After you do an hour with something, and then go back to 30 minutes, it feels like 10 minutes.
What I focus on as an underlying constant,I consider very important, is constantly relaxing and opening up. I really try to slow my breathing down.. In that process I would see/feel myself as not dense or solid, but rather, just as just energy or light. Losing the container, merging, dispersing... I come back to the breath, or a point of focus, then use the relaxing/opening up, almost indiscernable slow breathing, to unfocus again. I spend some time focusing everything, coordinating everything, but then let go at some point too. Sometimes when I do small universe, I coordinate with Master Lin for the part of the meditation he is talking you through, then, when he says, "do the rest on your own", I sometimes change my breathing to suit my own pace. I may breath much slower, relax very deep, and let that lead things. I am aware on some level of the sounds, feeding it into points as "spiritual energy", but don't necessarily try to match breath with everything. I am not saying this is how to do it, this just happens for me sometime. After about 40 minutes, I know I am doing the rotation, but I am in lala land with something else going on, a nice pulse of energy here and there from above or out there...
Try a variation every once and a while. Try going outside to a nice spot, and just do one of the active exercises without the tape. Just you and the universe, or you and Mother Earth, or you in nature. No music, just presence, slow breathing, relaxed. Experience one of the exercises with no detail, or at least start it that way, based in nothing. You may find that some of the form, the exercise takes on is effortless. Say, breathing of the universe, for instance... just inhale and exhale reaLLy slow. Don't think about reverse breathing... Maybe ten minutes into the exercise, you may find yourself energizing and releasing, without someone telling you, or without your mind telling you to do it. It might just be more of a coordinated feeling that you don't have to mindfully generate. You might bring in form, like correct breathing, because you like it, not because you are supposed to do it. You might do things without thinking that you are doing things. Let it take form from a more open and relaxed perspective.
With meditation, maybe try just sitting sometime in silence, or by a stream. Just relax, think of being as open as you can, maybe locate somewhere, like your lower dan tien, then slow down your breathing, let the focus go, forget the breathing... Try doing nothing. You may discover and underlying calm, that when you return to focused exercise, can coexhist, and ground activity you experience in that peace. I really do think it is a valuable contrast, to just go outside and do one exercise sometime, or whatever moves you, with nothing but yourself, in nature. No tapes, no agenda, formless. Again, coming back to 'form', focusing on something, breathing, visualizing, etc., might be calmer for you. Maybe you have to feel some things, as how they are, without holding on too much to the instructions. You maybe just need some perspective, on what your routine has been.