Thank you Gallen, for your reply. I needed to hear the general OK'ness in following my learning curve with SFQ. Allowing myself to come back to focus on form or reverse breathing as it comes up sounds so simple, yet it hadn't occured to me.

I will most certainly go do some practice under an old white oak tree I love and down at the river. I am very blessed to be living on 80 acres of river property in the Ozarks. Breaking up the practice by doing it somewhere else and just doing one or two of the exercises is brilliant advice. Breaking up old patterns (in my case trying too hard and being impatient) is just what I want to do.

I have developed my kinesthetic awareness and physical relaxation response to a pretty good degree by practicing (in many different ways) since I was a teenager. I am now 51. Letting go of the mental activity however is still a struggle.

You say, "Your practice sounds ok. More inactive than active exercise. I don't know how that balances out with your physical body's needs, as you mention you have been sick for a few years."

Is it better to do more active exercise if there is a physical ailment? I do more inactive now because I need the rest.

Thank you once again. There is much to think about in your post.

Michael