Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48760 11/13/02 12:04 AM
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Member
Member

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 917
Hi,
I wanted to share with you a piece I contributed to a collective piece entitled:
September ll / Artist's Respond. It currently is on view at the American Craft Museum in NYC. I was pleased to find out, that my piece was one of two used in the poster for the show. If you see the piece, I think you will see a energetic familiarity with my posting here in this forum. My art work, spirituality, and qigong are very connected in purpose. You can go to this website to view the work: http://www.americancraftmuseum.org/acm/
Click on September llth. I am under the wood category.
I am traveling to do a show this week. I will check in next week. Blessings to all of us, and all we are connected to. All our relations.. love,
gallen

#48761 11/13/02 05:51 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
Member
Member

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
Gallen:

Best of luck in your show this week and as you travel.

I love the piece you did, as exhibited in the museum (website). Your work in this piece is truly beautiful, timely, deep and meaningful. I can easily see why the museum chose to display your entry. And, yes, I can see that all areas of your life are moving in congruence. I applaud your artistic consistency. And, thanks for sharing this: deep... very deep....


#48762 11/13/02 05:02 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272
Hel Offline
Member
Member

Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 272
It's beautiful and profound. Thank you, Gallen, for sharing with us.

#48763 11/13/02 10:47 PM
Joined: May 2002
Posts: 210
Member
Member

Joined: May 2002
Posts: 210
Thanks for letting us share this, Gallen. The piece is very evocative. The prevailing energy for me is of forgiveness, openness, healing and moving forward. God knows we need them all.

Warm regards

Kev


#48764 11/14/02 01:09 AM
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 109
Member
Member

Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 109
Gallen,

Thanks for sharing such beautiful and meaningful work with us.
The spiritual healing energy showed through the Sacred Hand.
It is especially nice that for this exhibition we can read about each artist his/her thought for the creation of the art work.

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited November 14, 2002).]


#48765 11/14/02 01:48 PM
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 68
Member
Member

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 68
Gallen
Ditto all the comments made so far about yours and the others artistic work to commemorate 9/11. Thanks for sharing the site. I had no idea.
Peace.

#48766 11/15/02 07:06 AM
Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
Member
Member

Joined: Jul 2002
Posts: 102
Yes, Fellow SFQ Members,

Surely we have a brilliant artist and true humanitarian in our midst. Keep up the good work Gallen!



Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0
(Release build 20240826)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.3.35 Page Time: 0.049s Queries: 27 (0.019s) Memory: 3.0094 MB (Peak: 3.5953 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 06:39:04 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS