Hi again..
I wanted to add, that you will benefit most, clearing yourself first, then doing this exercise. Notice that Master Lin says to do the kidney work first. It would be very effective to do this exercise, say after your active exercise, or level II active, or a level II healing on yourself, then massage. I have found many situations, where I will give a family member a shoulder or neck/back rub, as they are sore there. I am always more comfortable about the whole thing, if I first, do some clearing work on them, then massage. If there are blockages in the area I am massaging, or related places, my massage may not help, or give them a headache or something, as extra energy or a blockage, may still be in there. Also, a transformative hand, by intention, has a different hue, than a 'putting in energy' hand. Think of the sublteties and intention to your energywork,,,,the combinations of approach for maximum effectiveness..
love again,
gallen