Anita, I know what you mean about the shyness part. I have the same issues I think. One of my patients has a room I can close the door a little and get a little privacy. The other at another location has a big open room with a room mate which makes it very difficult and this one is very coherent and chatty.

I know what you mean about the TV’s they must be a standard method of occupying the mind.

You said your patient was just dozing during the small universe, does he know about the Qigong? Just curious on how he may of handled that information, how old is he?

I was also cautious about the potential of prolonging a persons suffering but then a friend explained it like this. Whenever a person is offering healing for the greater good of another soul in need the energies would be guided to where it is most needed regardless of any personal intentions. All one needs is an open and compassionate heart to be the conduit for assistance and the rest takes care of itself. Kind of put to rest a lot of concerns I had with regards to doing something right or wrong or possibly causing harm in some unknown way.

When you said “ That’s a good reason to sometimes practice SFQ with out any music going, incense, darkened room etc.” did you mean for you personally or at the patients location?